Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 25-Sep-2006, 18:27
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Well I don't believe that Ray was referring to anything I mentioned in my posts above. He mentions nothing of being told one thing only to find out in the accounts the exact opposite. I hope you can see the difference and also that I'm not debating the merits of spending the money, merely the fact that there was a distinct lack of transparency about this at a time when it was a sensitive issue. I think it's important that this point isn't glossed over.

Did I mention I dived the Thistlegorm on Thursday - it was a lovely 42 degree's celsius day and great visibility on the wreck even at 31m which was good because there were tuna around and other interesting fish

It was very pretty

Not to mention drifiting up and down in the 3m chop on the surface in a strong current on my back - it was great
Old 25-Sep-2006, 18:35
DSC Club Member
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: '01 Ducati 748R and '04 Mille RSVR

Mood: Awaiting the arrival of the sun and the disappearance of the rain
Phew,

friends again at last.....(tee-hee)

I thought my first trip to a DD round this year (i.e. Cadwell in just over a week's time) was gonna mean 'spittle' protectors all round for my camera gear.

See you soon you racer dudes......Gonna hone my skills a bit for yers all at Brands BSB this wekeend.

Might have some interesting news too if my meeting with Dorna on Saturday morning goes well (now that's got you all thinking I bet).......

www.copeimages.com

WeeJohnyB, Best instructor out there http://www.nolimitstrackdays.com/
Old 25-Sep-2006, 18:38
Regional Organiser - BHCN
Ducati Corse

Mood: Raring to Ride
Well so far everones behaved themselves and we hav'nt had a slacking match thats got to be a first
A long long time ago when all this DDing was in its infancy I remember thinking Wow members of this club would get the oppotunity to go out and race each other on track, no that (correct me if im wrong)was a first . The first race at Cadwell saw "what you bring, you race" all sorts of bikes put together basically by the individual members . Some bikes were more profesional than other ,it did'nt matter, everone was there for the same reason,to get out on track and RACE. A lot of work was then put into "developing" a better bike, as we saw the "Profesional" "factory bikes tearing of down the field ahead of our own DSC members all out for the reason of racing fellow club member. So more money and effort was needed to keep competitive, not by one but by all. I don't think any one can say racing is not expensive even in our own club series, I was very suprised when I found out how much each race weekend was for the riders let alone the back up teams. Its fair to say that if you are prepared to go out and do this sort of thing then you should be committed to a certain amount of "expenses" Some people will no doubt spend more than others in there pursuit of competition and enjoyment.
As for the "should the DD go out to other's" What came first the chicken or the egg, well in this case the DSC came first and it was the DSC that brought the DD to fruittion, I personally think the DD is the Racing section of the DSC and should remain so. Long live the DesmoDue Long live Freedom and Democracy and if any one objects Ill shoot the ******s 4D
Old 25-Sep-2006, 18:45
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty
The 'personal gain' I get from running the trackday is the huge amount of grins spread throughout the paddock-priceless-the downside is the 6/9months work beforehand to make it happen-well worth it.

My main point was really picking up something Dom had said earlier about the RC being in it for personal gain-I wasn't sure what gain he thought there was to be had? I certainly didn't expect any gain-and I've been involved since it was just a drunken idea...........

John

What?

Where did I say that? or anything like it?

Please quote me John
Old 25-Sep-2006, 20:37
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
I was just getting to grips with how entertaining this DD thing is.................and the thread was moved!

Possibly the worst thing to have occured in the club!
Old 25-Sep-2006, 21:14
500SD

Mood: UKGS'ers Non PC and Vibrant
[quote=Fordie]
A long long time ago when all this DDing was in its infancy I remember thinking Wow members of this club would get the oppotunity to go out and race each other on track, no that (correct me if im wrong)was a first . The first race at Cadwell saw "what you bring, you race" all sorts of bikes put together basically by the individual members . Some bikes were more profesional than other ,it did'nt matter, everone was there for the same reason,to get out on track and RACE. A lot of work was then put into "developing" a better bike, as we saw the "Profesional" "factory bikes tearing of down the field ahead of our own DSC members all out for the reason of racing fellow club member. So more money and effort was needed to keep competitive, not by one but by all. I don't think any one can say racing is not expensive even in our own club series,

5p's worth from an ordinary member.

I thought along with a lot of other members, that this extension of the Clubs riding outlets was intended for the entry and enjoyment of all, yes no ones naive in thinking racing is going to be cheap but this series was set up so that it was kept to the bare esentials.
Developing better bikes more money etc has already started to make it elitest and out of reach for more people than it was when it was started.

So if a % of riders decide this year say that they want to spend X more on their bikes to stay competitive where will it end.
we all know a rich persons track day.

I dont mind if the club has spent a percentage setting it up and funding promotion any more than funding other activities that I have'nt had chance to partake in either due to time or distance,but that does'nt mean participating members have the right to price it out of range of ordinary members.
If you cant win the DD on a bog standard unmodified bike you should'nt be allowed to throw money at it.

ian
Old 25-Sep-2006, 21:16
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by 888heaven
If you cant win the DD on a bog standard unmodified bike you should'nt be allowed to throw money at it.

ian

That's lucky for me then
Old 25-Sep-2006, 21:21
500SD

Mood: UKGS'ers Non PC and Vibrant
Quote:
Originally Posted by domski
That's lucky for me then

I heard yours was Dog standard
Old 25-Sep-2006, 21:25
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Quote:

If you read the rules there's not much that you really can throw money at, and if you do then the power gain is so little that you'd be better off learning to ride it better ... which was the whole point of the series in the first place!

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!
Old 25-Sep-2006, 21:25
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
I heard yours was Dog standard

It's just got an Ohlins rear shock, K&N filter and Termi silencers.

That's it!

The shock is a luxury really (Chass just took it off his 916) as I think the standard one was fine.