Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 16-Feb-2011, 11:03
500SD

Missing out on Spa is beginning to bug me. The way I see it is we have a handfull of people who would commit to any foreign round (points scoring or not). If we could get this number up to a full grid or even half and they commit early surely this would help? Would emailing past and present DD'ers well in advance get anymore interest? If they still hold a licence and a bike in the garage would they want to race at a foreign round? Just my thought on it as I do want to race abroad next year (even if my wallet cringes at the cost)!

Maybe some of the guys with more racing experience could come up with an alternative suggestion??

Just my thoughts
Mark.
(Only 2 work days till Brands test day)
Old 16-Feb-2011, 12:08
Big Twin
Bikes: 959

We haven't actually be told it isn't on yet. Although I am personally now planning for Mallory.
Old 16-Feb-2011, 13:04
DSC Club Member
Mille
Bikes: 848 Evo ‘Pikes Peak’, 748S, 200 Single

I was given the impression that we need other european clubs to comit to making it happen, and that isn't happening.
Old 16-Feb-2011, 13:42
Big Twin

That is the "impression" we all have, just nothing solid. Skids was going to speak to the clubs again, then make a call Earlier this week to see if we could get on the Mallory timetable... I'm not sure how that all went.
Old 16-Feb-2011, 14:13
500SD

I agree that we have not been told it is or is not going to happen but thinking ahead to next year.... Would we not be in a better position if we had more people commiting to to doing a European round. If we can get extra peeps to sign up to it then I would have thought we would be in a better fposition for next year.

Just thinking of next year
Old 16-Feb-2011, 15:35
Big Twin

I just don't think you will get the commitment from this sort of series. We don't pay up front and we are racing as cheaply as we can. It sits awkwardly with the aim of the series, and it might be better to stick with the fantastic UK tracks we have. That keeps everyone happy and saves anyone the hassle of trying to organise it.
Old 16-Feb-2011, 15:57
WSB Hero

Mood: No point in working long hours to die early
Spa is a fabulous circuit on a bike. Rode there on a trackday last year and going back for more this summer.
It really is a must do circuit at any cost
Old 16-Feb-2011, 20:05
500SD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolley
I just don't think you will get the commitment from this sort of series. We don't pay up front and we are racing as cheaply as we can. It sits awkwardly with the aim of the series, and it might be better to stick with the fantastic UK tracks we have. That keeps everyone happy and saves anyone the hassle of trying to organise it.

I agree with all the above.... But

there are a handfull that would like to race abroad. If it was not points scoring or compulsory then it would not have a bad affect on the budget side of this race series. So what I was thinking is if theres a handfull that want to go and we could get another handfull out of retirement. There must be ex DD'ers with a bike that would do a one off. Could this provide enough people to help us get a race abroad?

Mark
Old 16-Feb-2011, 21:12
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ells
I agree with all the above.... But

there are a handfull that would like to race abroad. If it was not points scoring or compulsory then it would not have a bad affect on the budget side of this race series. So what I was thinking is if theres a handfull that want to go and we could get another handfull out of retirement. There must be ex DD'ers with a bike that would do a one off. Could this provide enough people to help us get a race abroad?

Mark

tbh Mark, I reckon you'd get far more value from a Euro trackday than racing for the sake of racing. £200+ for a couple of races and a practice session, plus getting there, when a 3 day No Limits can be £500 and they take bike and kit etc, all you need is cheap flight
Old 18-Feb-2011, 10:45
DSC Club Member
500SD
Bikes: Badger DD A #50, Multistrada 1200s, Aprilia Tuono 1100rr

Mood: More chilled than a polar bear's d**k
I catch the drift of what you're saying Ells but there's no way I could afford 8 rounds plus an away round, this year it would've only been possible because I bagged a sponsor and had a travel companion to share fuel costs.
Don't know how others organise their time to race but I need as much notice as possible in order to book days off before the holiday rota gets hammered at work. Spa was ok for me this year and I don't think DD could've done much more, we were let down by other clubs not committing.
Gotta take it on the chin, accept I'm not going to do a major Euro track and concentrate on the great tracks on offer within the UK we've got this year.
P1ssed off? Hell yeh, I wasted money on an unrequired passport but as a small budget club we should pat ourselves on the back for having the members we did that DID commit to doing Spa.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog.
Scott #50