Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 16-May-2006, 01:04
Mille

I ran mine in by the book. did not venture over 5000 for the first 600 and then built it ip to the 11000 over the next 900 miles mind you I have got the brecon beacons to play with

Mark
Old 16-May-2006, 10:53
Mille

Salamanzer, Hi

You just missed a meet last Sunday just ouside Taunton. It went like this ; A ride, a pub lunch, a ride to West Bay and then a coffee and a ride back. 6 turned out and so 7 would be cool.

There is a meet this Saturday at the Bristol riders dealer. We get around 20 bikes to that and if the weathers good we will do a ride out accross the Mendips to Cheddar. The meet is from 1000 until 1200-1230ish, They do a good breakfast and it is a nice bunch of people who like a good chat about their Ducatis.

Hope to see you there.
Old 16-May-2006, 12:02
Mille

ran my baby in the way I was taught by my dad and it works, my bikes are the fastest, there is so much more to running a bike in than just going by the revs, you must not labour the engine at all till you have 1000 miles on it and then slowly brake it in with more throttle till 1500 at which point you should be full throttle and 10'000 revs,
it's a slow and very laborious process, try to imagine a glass of wine on the tank, you must accelerate so slow that the glass doesn't fall off,
don't under rev it as that will strain the engine,
you can imagine my mate who came with me when I bought my bike which was 200 miles away, 0 to 60 in 10mins,
but at least he could over take me, that was the last time that happened.
Old 16-May-2006, 14:08

eek:

I was told to keep it under 8K for the first 600 miles but i was allowed to go over it now and again. Oh dear

Oh well - that slight loss in BHP im sure can be made up by a set of loud cans

Oh and as long as the bike is fixed - i will try and make my way up on saturday. I have a mate in bristol - hes got a ninja - would he be welcome to come along ?

Jason
Old 16-May-2006, 14:36
DSC Club Member
Big Twin

Mood: Having some tinnies and a barbie
Welcome to the DSC, now don't forget to fill out your application to become a full member of the club.
I too sold my 1000 il4 and bought a Duke. It will open-up another avenue in bike riding, I kid you not!

Peroni for me, ta
Old 16-May-2006, 16:20
Mille

Quote:
Originally posted by KeefyB
Quote:
Originally posted by salamanzer
Do you as a "club" do meets and are there any local duke owners in the devon/somerset areas ??
Yep,and you are in luck,there is a new organiser for the south west region.Keep an eye on the rideout boards for details.
Fine choice of machine by the way,..mines a Stella.

Oi, that's my pint!
Old 16-May-2006, 19:00

Just got news from the shop - look like a new ECU - thank goodness its a new bike

Hopefully they should have it done by the weekend so i will try my best to get to bristol on saturday.
Old 16-May-2006, 19:31
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Fabulous
Jason, you should be feeling quite welcome by now, but I notice you STILL haven't got a member symbol by your name. Why the delay ??

There's no such thing as a free lunch/pint of stella/case of champagne