Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 29-Sep-2003, 19:46

So it is true. The bigger the better. Anyone want to trade their 57mm system for my assymetric Termignoni plus cash?? I should have done it properly first time. Or anyone want to sell their 57mm system?
Old 29-Sep-2003, 21:58
Montjuic

Don't sell your system yet, this is almost identical to my tuned (PCIII) asymetrical Termi results.
The results are also in DIN not SAE. You need to multiply by .986 to convert.
I will post a graph comparing both systems setup properly (PCIII) as soon as I get around to scanning.

[Edited on 29-9-2003 by stephens]
Old 29-Sep-2003, 22:27

Hmmm. Food for thought. You'd have thought with the hotter cams, bigger bore pipes and appropriate ECU you'd get more power with D57 and (perhaps) more torque lower down with perhaps a bit more bottom end power with softer cams and more restrictive exhaust. Is your chart 999? Or did you get 's' cams which I believe are identical to mk 1 testastretta i.e/ 996R?
Old 30-Sep-2003, 14:51
Montjuic

The 999 had 996R cams. It's funny, but I appear to have more data on 999S performance tuning than the Aust factory team!!
Old 30-Sep-2003, 15:32
Montjuic

Mood: picture crazy
just a few Q's

were these dyno runs all done on the same machine?

also, were there other contributing factors such as air tempreture/humidity/airflow that may have affected any of the dyno runs?
Old 30-Sep-2003, 20:17

I can't answer the questions but I have heard today that there may be some JHP 60mm systems coming soon from his normal supplier. Apparently they may be a bit less money than D57 Termis. Makes you wonder how they'll miss the swinging arm... Probably need a bigger crowbar and soft faced hammer I should think.
Old 30-Sep-2003, 21:28
Montjuic

tongpo
The dyno's are the same make and model. The figures displayed are corrected for the ambient conditions. My actual uncorrected power no was 143hp on that run. T?hat is not to say that there is not potentially a 3-5hp discrepancy between the two dyno's, however there was at least that available by having a power commander that would map individual cylinders like the new PCIII USB does on my new bike. Until I see another 4-5hp from the bike, I will not be convinced of the merits of the big bore exhaust systems used on a bike with the factory rev limit.
Old 01-Oct-2003, 10:12
Mille

Interesting point about about the factory set rev limit. My dyno run suggested that had the limit of been set higher the motor would have kept pulling.

It has been suggested to me that the DP ECU I'm running can be (in part) reprogrammed, anyone else heard of this?

This begs a further question, have Ducati made the factory rev limit safe in view of possible valve collet failure at sustained higher rpm? (re - Pro Twins track experience with failed valve collets).

Everyone should have a large hammer in their tool box - if in doubt, give it a clout :P
Old 01-Oct-2003, 12:39
Montjuic

Yes
The ECU can be reprogrammed. I was given the choice of having mine re-programmed or taking the Corse unit through the Australian race team. John Hackett at JHP can organise this too.
Old 01-Oct-2003, 15:30
Montjuic

Mood: picture crazy
from what i understand even if it's the same model dyno, they'll still have varying degrees of variance between them....then again it may be a moot point since we're speaking in terms of a few percentage points, which translates to miniscule differences.