Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 29-Nov-2004, 11:50
Mille

Interesting points of view peeps.

I'm using the Desmo Due as an intro to racing - if I click then I could see me moving onto bigger classes in a couple of years times. But I know me and I would not be happy running around on a bike never capable of winning a race (again, rider talent excluded) and to me that somewhat defeats the object - otherwise track days would be my thing.

So, I would like to know from the rule makers what is permitted technically when it comes to the 675 conversion - I believe Monty or Chris posted something a while back about striking a deal with someone about this.

Having done all the research I can on the bike options, the answer to this question will now be the deciding factor in my choice of machinery.

Oh, and regarding the 600ss I have been looking at, I finally managed to speak to the original owner who did the work and he told me...

"Legends" - Glasgow bike dealer transfers!!!
Swing arm, pegs, wheels, fork bottoms all powder coated black by him.
Twin disc and caliper from a 750 (?) fork bottom already had the fitting for the second caliper.
Stock m/cyl - brakes are a "bit spongy"!!!!!
Old 29-Nov-2004, 12:48
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

Well, at least that's the 'Legends' mystery sorted.

It least the bike has braided hoses fitted so with good pads it should still stop OK - new fluid and a good bleed might be all thats needed.

There seems to be quite a few bikes around at the moment for sale but I guess this depends how much you can/are willing to travel to get a 'good-un'.

Good luck - Frank