Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 18-Apr-2005, 19:22
500SD

Mood: Sad my Membership icon has gone:(
Thought I had stumbled on to Visordown for a moment.

However a good point but not the authors fault it did get side tracked a bit which is understandable, hence I never read it until today because i didn't get to see the race until 3pm this afternoon and yes thanks i do have a satelite and a life (hence why i couldn't watch until today).
Old 18-Apr-2005, 19:30
500SD

Mood: Sad my Membership icon has gone:(
Yes that was obvious mate but why i didn't read it was I thought by the time the race had finished etc the thread would have continued and spoken about the result / incidents etc.

Planned to watch it at 10.00pm last night and the bloody snooker delayed it and in the end I just gave up as I was too knackered, hence I watched at 3pm today.
Old 18-Apr-2005, 19:31
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Is 112 dB loud enough?? What??
Fully agree that the title shouldn't contain race results and ideally an indication of the thread containing message results.

BUT, this is the race section, and the thread in question left no doubt about the subject of the thread. Even when using "today's posts" to scan through threads it's clearly evident that this post was in the race section. DON'T OPEN IT!!

Next will need to put a post in the general section that alert people that a certain thread may contain any kinf of race results or discussion that may hint at the race results. Come on, guys!

Lastly, as was the case in that thread, it wasn't the original poster who posted results. So, if one chooses to reply to such threads in the future, does the Dibblepolice then require us to edit the post title?

Isn't this getting a bit silly?
Old 18-Apr-2005, 20:10
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
I don't see why there's so much discussion on this subject. Shirley it's easy.

If you post up about the race then you just put 'spoiler' or whatever in the title so it's known that results are inside. That way both groups have a choice, discussion on the race can go on freely in the knowledge that people who haven't seen the race yet won't read the thread until they've seen it.

Or am I missing something?

No I didn't think so ...
Old 18-Apr-2005, 20:23
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally posted by Dseered
The original thread was NOT about the results, it was about the feeling of excitment and the weeks wait to see the guys at it again, in hindsight I should have realised someone would post the results.

Sorry, I wasn't clear in my post. It wasn't directed at you, I understand you didn't post the results. Don't pop a valve, you're already on record as clearing yourself above and most sane people could see the progession of the thread ...

I was trying point out that the debate about whether to give others fair warning seems a bit pointless. It's just being considerate, nice board etiquette etc.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit