Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 26-Dec-2009, 20:15
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
Multi 1200-Early test ride report

Bit of a precis from MCN on Wednesday 23rd by Anders Anderson an ex WSB rider and Ohlins Chief test rider who has been developing the suspension for the bike and spent months riding it.

"Sports bike riders are going to LOVE the Multistrada"
He told MCN 'This bike is unreal and will blow you away, just like it did me. (He rode it for 15 full days of up to 700 miles a day) You ride a sports bike all day and you will be very tired, not on the Multistrada. It's got heaps of power, enough for 2nd gear wheelies, and it will pull 150 all day long. The aerodynamics are so good that it feels stable at these speeds and I can lap a track within a few seconds of an 1198 superbike time-on the standard tyres. If you put some track tyres on you could seriously hassle some sports bikes on track! The GS does nothing very well compared to the Multistrada-it is a completely new type of bike. Sports bike riders are going to love it and GS riders will be amazed at how it can do everything a GS does, but it's better off-road and has so much more performance.'

John

Growing old-disgracefully!
Old 27-Dec-2009, 01:26
500SD
Bikes: MTS12S, R1, off road stuff, and vintage stuff too.

Mood: MTS1200 - yum yum yum yum yum yum yum ...
yum yum yum yum yum

I can't wait

Spoke with my man last week to see if there was any more news.
still reported to be delivered in March, price now confirmed at £14,295 for the S touring.
Old 27-Dec-2009, 17:26
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
[quote=John W]yum yum yum yum yum

I can't wait
QUOTE]

You and me both mate, you and me both!

John

Growing old-disgracefully!
Old 01-Feb-2010, 18:49
Bikes: Multistrada 1200S, ST4s

Guys, I spoke with Tom at Snell's last week - he confirmed that Ducati will be building the bikes in batches, so the order they come through in may not quite reflect the sequence that orders were received in. As Monty and I are the first two UK customer orders and I think we've both ordered 1200S Touring in Black (issat right?), then hopefully there's a chance that they might make the first UK batch in that. John W - what colour/spec did you go with? (and has Sally tried out the pillion seat yet? - Gill was well impressed!). Tom also said that customer bikes are looking more likely towards April end of things :-(

cheers
Richard
Old 01-Feb-2010, 22:59
500SD

Richard,

yes they sre being builtin batches, as you would expect.
How long ago didyou place your order ?

I was the first to order one through P&H in Crawley, which was in August/September time.
I have also been told the first customer bikes are to be built in April. Those currently ordered (at that time, a few weeks back) were to all be in the April production run.
We are away the May bank holiday to Germany which I had hoped to receive it for, but that looks a bit tight now.

Sally has only seen pictures of it at present (she didn't go to Milan with me). It comes to the dealers down here in a couple of weeks.
I've ordered an S touring in white and also tried to order the top box but have ben told this is a dealer fit accessory and so they can't order it yet, so its unlikely to come with the bike.

We're committed to replacing the ST4S now, so I hope its as good as we all hear it is.
Old 01-Feb-2010, 23:28
Bikes: Multistrada 1200S, ST4s

That fits with what I was told - ordered mine mid-January last year, so am hoping that the Black Tourings get the first shot! I was hoping to have mine for a week in Northumberland & the Dales at the end of March but, like you, I doubt it'll turn up in time. The carbon bits & Termi will turn up some time later -which could be Ducati-speak for, "we haven't thought about actually BUILDING the accessories".

R
Old 02-Feb-2010, 11:18
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 848 Evo Corse SE, Evoluzione 2 ....

Mood: Dementor hunted by Foggy :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by John W
Richard,

We are away the May bank holiday to Germany which I had hoped to receive it for, but that looks a bit tight now.

A few of us here are of to Germany that weekend.....Nurburgring John?

Hants - Meet Popham Airfield every 2nd Sunday of the Month @ 1pm

Ducati Snells of Alton : >>
848 Corse SE Evoluzione 2 : >>
Dementor Site :>>
Sponsor of DD Riders
Old 02-Feb-2010, 12:53
Big Twin
Bikes: 996 race bike

Mood: Almost over it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty
...I can lap a track within a few seconds of an 1198 superbike time-on the standard tyres. If you put some track tyres on you could seriously hassle some sports bikes on track!

The old Multi used to go alright on track too, if you were up for a laugh and prepared to wrestle it around.

Can't wait to see more of the new one!
Old 02-Feb-2010, 14:20
500SD

Hi Dementor,
we are staying jusy up the river from Cochem, and its highly likely we'll see the ring at some point

I'll send you a pm, see what your plans are and to swap numbers
Old 02-Feb-2010, 14:34
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
Quote:
Originally Posted by John W
Hi Dementor,
we are staying jusy up the river from Cochem, and its highly likely we'll see the ring at some point

I'll send you a pm, see what your plans are and to swap numbers

We are right on the river at the bottom of cochem bends juts as you enter cochem...you may hear Kim every morning trying to get his knee down