Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 05-May-2006, 21:54   #1
888 at Last !!!

25% off SBK.TV - £11.99 for whole year
see this link :

http://www.worldsbk.tv/page/PromoLogin/0,,11445,00.html
Old 05-May-2006, 23:23   #2
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: 996S

Mood: Waiting for the warmer weather.
Have they just started charging? I'm sure I watched the Valencia races on here for free.
Old 06-May-2006, 17:52   #3
Big Twin
Bikes: 996 race bike

Mood: Almost over it.
Yes it was free up until this weekend.

The fact that they only started the live race streaming at the last round in Valencia is mildly annoying.

25% off the price of something that was previously free isn't such a bargain

http://kapitalmoto.co.uk/node/47
Old 06-May-2006, 22:06   #4
888 at Last !!!

Ok so it's not going to be free but then they never said it was going to be free. Whatever the case, somewhere along the line you're going to have to pay for content and hopefully good content.

I'm saving in the region of £250 a year by stopping my Sky subscription (which incidently is the only option in my area and is the cheapest for Eurosport access). The only thing I really watch on the channels was Eurosport (and the occational Takashi's Castle on a Friday night). The kids watch mainly the free channels. My wife is missing the UKTV Gold but appart from that there's very little that interests us as a family on Sky.

One good feature of SBK.TV is you can download the content. Looks like they will have the back catalog of races very soon as well (back to 1993)

I'm signed up so i'll let you know how it goes over the year. Next year looks like it will be £25 btw.
Old 07-May-2006, 16:16   #5
Big Twin
Bikes: 996 race bike

Mood: Almost over it.
So I subscribed, although they are sneaky bastids and I'm not happy about it.

They promote it as an "annual" subscription, which to my mind means it should last 12 months. Right? Apparently not. My subscription expires on January 31st 2007. So I'm only getting 9 months for my "annual" subscription. If I sign up with a magazine for an annual subscription, I would expect all issues for a full 12 months.

They also set it up by default as an automatically renewing subscription. This means that I'll be automatically billed for another "annual" subscription on January 31st 2007. I can't see a way to turn this "feature" off apart from manually cancelling my subscription prior to this date.

I don't really mind paying for quality content, but this is sneaky and underhanded.

[Edited on 7-5-2006 by phillc]
Old 08-May-2006, 10:14   #6
888 at Last !!!

True I agree - it's sneaky and there are some other slightly sneaky things. I already have a few grips - Monza Superbike Race 2 was not live on video (I had live commentry and lap times) - although Valencia superbikes were live. I think the site is in a state of development and is sure to get better over time and probably the reason we are getting this season for 11.99 (we are the guinea pig testers).

It really needs some sort of schedule as it's not easy to tell when the live streams are going to be shown. Hopefully by Jan 2007 I would have downloaded all the content I needed for the 06 season - so I don't really mind getting switched off then.
Old 08-May-2006, 13:21   #7
Ducati Corse

Mood: R U thinking what I'm thinking?......Oh dear!
Paying £15 an month for Eurosport 1 and 2 via sky, get a few other pay up channels/packages chucked in as well.

Didn't really want to go that route but Eurosport occasionally split the days racing over 1 and 2 so I can't use me analog dish.

Ray.

Postbit Selector