Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 13-Apr-2005, 14:09
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Bargain? I hope so...

Just saw these brake calipers on Ebay with a few minutes to go and popped in a winning bid purely on spec.

Jools new calipers

I'm pretty certain that they're P34 type 'pad per piston' calipers that retail at about £150 each, so to get a pair with braided lines for £143 seems like a damn good deal to me.

Even though I'm strapped for cash right now, I've been after some of these for a while and couldn't resist pushing the old card closer to it's credit limit.

The big question is...will they fit my ST? I think that they're all interchangeable as long as you've got 65mm between centres mounting points on your forks...am I right.
Old 13-Apr-2005, 14:14
500SD

Mood: Must fix Superlight... Must fix Superlight...
Na mate. they're a set of fake Chinese copies that were doing the rounds a while back.... To save it being a complete waste for you i'll give you 50 quid if you like....?

Darren
Old 13-Apr-2005, 14:42
Big Twin

Mood: :-)
You'll probably need new hoses Jools.
I've got them ( albeit the gold finish ones from the 996R ) and the 996 hoses I got weren't long enough for the ST and your standard ST hoses won't fit these calipers.
I got HEL ones from a place in Bradford made up for £20 each.
If you need any more info, drop me a line.
Andy
Old 13-Apr-2005, 14:45
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Yeah...you're right...now I look a little closer it does say "Blembo" on the side of em.

: "Fer gawds sake who do you think you are...Benny Hill?

Jools: "Do you think for one moment that I'm remotely interested in being chased around by a string of nurses, St Trinians girls and nuns in suspenders and basques like he was...wait a minute...oh yeah, I am aren't I"
Old 13-Apr-2005, 18:29
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Quote:
Originally posted by Rushjob
You'll probably need new hoses Jools.
I've got them ( albeit the gold finish ones from the 996R ) and the 996 hoses I got weren't long enough for the ST and your standard ST hoses won't fit these calipers.
I got HEL ones from a place in Bradford made up for £20 each.
If you need any more info, drop me a line.
Andy

Cheers Rushjob, I think I will be OK though, I've got those Goodridge lines on mine that you make up for yourself, so you can swap the ends over. I was a bit suspicious of them at first but they've been on for 18 months with no probs. I bought a couple of straight banjos by mistake so I think I'll just need to swap the 90 degree ones I have for straight ones.

I take it that the calipers will fit straight on then?
Old 14-Apr-2005, 10:44
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
Calipers will bolt straight on Jools, they are the one piece 4 pad ones. They are the same as I have on my ST4S, and they are AWESOME brakes.

John