Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 22-Nov-2005, 22:43
500SD

Mood: Relaxed - don't worry about things you can't change
Body parts!

Well the Ricambi Weiss fibre glass body kit has arrived. Needs a bit of work to finish it off before painting but looks ok.

I am still short of a vee piece and a screen ....does anyone know where I can source these?

Will report on the fit of the body kit when I get round to offering it up to the bike.
Old 24-Nov-2005, 15:14

Mood: yes
I recently got my screen from Skidmarx. Seems to be a very good fit (and would be a good replacement for a road fairing).

Rgds, Ian.
Old 24-Nov-2005, 15:51
Big Twin
Bikes: 916SPS Ratbike + 749R Shed

Mood: Ugly girls (749) are more dirty.....
Logyk,

How long did it take to arrive?
When you say it needs a bit of work...what exactly do you mean? Just smoothing etc or does it have sharp unfinished edges etc?

Cheers,

R X
Old 24-Nov-2005, 16:28
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Yeah, let us know how it all fits up....I'm particularly interested in their single seat unit.

I know I won't be able to get a fancy carbon fibre number 1 or 9 (?) peeking seductively through the paintwork (a la Sparkin bike)...but it's a whole lot cheaper than a carbon seat unit
Old 25-Nov-2005, 01:07
500SD

Mood: Relaxed - don't worry about things you can't change
Ian,

Thanks for that ....I believe you are using a Ricambi Weiss nose cone ....is that correct ?

Ricky....from payment to delivery took 7 days or so ....nothing to worry about there !

Jools......I think it will be a little while before I set to on fitting it up now .....my garage is feckin cold right now ! But I will keep you informed and will post some pics as I progress. If you buy one of these you could always buy a sheet of carbon fibre and cut the number out and laquer over it ......just a thought
Old 25-Nov-2005, 09:48

Mood: yes
Yes, Ricambi Weiss nose cone. It was a very good fit shape wise. The surface was a bit 'lumpy' but no worse than I would expect for race body work. It certainly came out very well after preping/painting.
You may have to make up some extra support for the top edges of the nose cone (where, on a road bike, the mirrors would bolt through onto the front subframe) The carbon corse nose cones are 'self supporting' in this area and are a much more rigid unit. You may find that a replacement GRP item flaps around too much.

Ian.