Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 24-Jan-2006, 11:05
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: What a wonderful world.
Quote:
Message original : fil2
Quote:
Originally posted by Tonio600
Assen points yes, Cadwell points no.
Cadwell is a race meeting not a track day or a track jaunt..its a race and should be points...thats what racing is if not its a track day..........

And what is a VOTE about if it's not to take a decision
Old 24-Jan-2006, 11:06
Big Twin

Mood: R1's are better than Ducatis'
Quote:
Originally posted by Rattler
Quote:
Originally posted by dickieducati
cadwells too bloody unpredictable in march, its bloody miles for me, and we're going there later in the year anyway. there's no point, so no points. simple

i know we've been over all this before but its still fun!

stoke that fire.

But its the same for everyone - why go if you can't race for points? You're right, weather, distance etc - it'll be a small grid if there are no points up for grabs.

And if Cadwell is a non-scoring round, it means there will be 3 scoring races at Snett - bit of a bugga if you can't make that weekend!!

exactly Tim...

myabe e should contact Dorna, it usually rains at Philip Island, they should take that out of championship....

wasn't Japan wet for the last 2 years... we should get that out too...

Assen has been wet 2 out of last 4.... that should DEFFO not be point scoring..

From a person not associated with DD, it's a bit of a laugh really....

you cannot have ALL racers at Assen in both classes... (ignoring whether they have chosen to go or not) but you can at Cadwell....

However the one that is impossible to have ALL riders at, is open to discussion from a points perspective..

It's a race series... we see 'Just shut up and race' all the time on here...

however.... maybe, 'Just shut up and race, long as it's warm and sunny' would be more apt.
Old 24-Jan-2006, 11:12
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Didn't take you long did it Weeksy. Don't give us your big hard racer story when you quit your short career champ! Harsh maybe, but definitely true.

We've already voted on this once, why are we revisiting it? It was a riders decision and IMO we shouldn't even be debating it anymore. This is ridiculous if you ask me.

Can someone please explain to me why we are not accepting the original riders decision and revisiting this?
Old 24-Jan-2006, 11:14
Big Twin

Mood: R1's are better than Ducatis'
i'm not giving you any stories at all TP.

Take me long.... believe me, i post a lot less in this section than sometimes i'd like to....

[Edited on 24-1-2006 by weeksy2]
Old 24-Jan-2006, 11:15
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
Quote:
Quote:
Message original : fil2
Quote:
Assen points yes, Cadwell points no.
Cadwell is a race meeting not a track day or a track jaunt..its a race and should be points...thats what racing is if not its a track day..........

And what is a VOTE about if it's not to take a decision

I know what a vote is Tonio....thats not the point imho..the fact that some see cads as a warm up or a track day or a test day woteva u want to call it...suprises me....its a race weekend and should be points..!! is that not what racing is about..we will be the only Grid not racing for points.? in fact i cant think of any other race where thay race but dont score points.?......it just does not make sense to me....

its not the voting that puzzles me its the fact that we are voting on if a race meeting is points or not.???? now thats puzzling........

If you dont want it to be points and it is non points ....are you still going to go..??
Old 24-Jan-2006, 11:18
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
Quote:
Originally posted by TP
Didn't take you long did it Weeksy. Don't give us your big hard racer story when you quit your short career champ! Harsh maybe, but definitely true.

We've already voted on this once, why are we revisiting it? It was a riders decision and IMO we shouldn't even be debating it anymore. This is ridiculous if you ask me.

Can someone please explain to me why we are not accepting the original riders decision and revisiting this?

because not everyone was given the oppotunity to vote tony and as it directly affects all the racers and as you can see its an emotional point .! dont you think we are all entitled to a say or vote...How many knew when they voted that if CADS is non points we get an extra race on the saturday at snetterton...? and that brings so many other questions over reliabilty of engines ..cant make that weeked u miss 3 races etc....

A vote was cast not including everyone and not with all the facts.............
Old 24-Jan-2006, 11:20
DSC Club Member
Big Twin

Mood: Im Going to Italy soon!
Perhaps it will be all clear when you get the briefing note later, but really it boils down to when the season starts, that is what is the 1st race with New Era of the Year Cadwell or Brands?

To answer an earlier question, less than 1/3 of the entrants responded about this at the end of last year and a significant number were not asked. This time 100% of riders will be asked their opinions and have the option to vote. This is democracy in action.
Old 24-Jan-2006, 11:37
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisBushell
Perhaps it will be all clear when you get the briefing note later, but really it boils down to when the season starts, that is what is the 1st race with New Era of the Year Cadwell or Brands?

To answer an earlier question, less than 1/3 of the entrants responded about this at the end of last year and a significant number were not asked. This time 100% of riders will be asked their opinions and have the option to vote. This is democracy in action.

Chris - I agree, all racers should be given the opportunity to vote (or not as they choose). The race season starts at the first points scoring round, be that Cadwell or Brands. There are other implications (Snett) if the season doesn't start until Brands.

As long as all of the facts are made available up front and a fair and true democratic voting process is applied, there can be no issues.
In truth I believe that we should not be voting, we should have been told up front when the season was starting (first points scoring round, not a dress rehearsal) and there would be no need for this debate now. However, it appears that an independant, non-democratic poll was previously issued that has forced this to the vote.

If an elected race committee (that has voting representation from both the MT and riders) decides that we will do X amount if races here, or Y amount of races there, then so be it!!!

All this scratching is making itch!!! - I just wanna race - thank god I'm off to ride my bike!!!

Tim
Old 24-Jan-2006, 11:41
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
yeah me too im gagging to get out on my bike and see what i can do on it.
Old 24-Jan-2006, 11:43
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Quote:
Originally posted by dickieducati
yeah me too im gagging to get out on my bike and see what i can do on it.

Is it ready? What have you had done?