Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 26-Aug-2006, 19:50
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

He's good like that
Old 26-Aug-2006, 20:22
Big Twin

Mood: DD 2006: 4th Top Rookie. DD 2007: 2nd Class B. DD 2008: 2nd Class B.
sounds like a big one glad your okay.
Old 26-Aug-2006, 20:31
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic Clegg
sounds like a big one

That's no way to talk about our ickle WJB!!!!

Old 26-Aug-2006, 22:41
Big Twin

Mood: Channel Swim is now a (bad) memory not a dream
oi, are you lot taking the pp****?

The marshalls were excellent as always at Cadwell. Aidie runs the best day and you're right, keeping in touch with what's going on helps to solve problems without red flagging. That was one heck of a situation to deal with without red flags. I was out in that session and saw the first couple just after it must have happenned, bikes still on the ground, marshalls on the move. One of the bikes at Charlies 1 was only just off the track and in direct line of the racing line had anyone else gone off, but it stayed waved yellow which was amazing. My own theory about the third off at Charlies 2 is made stronger by the post above....I think there was a bit of inevitable target fixation on the stricken bikes, even for a second, which upset the entry speed and position for Charlies 2....easy done, but the fact they still kept in under waved yellow was the best bit of marshalling I've ever seen on a track day...their teamwork was superb and extremely quick as they very quickly had it on waved yellows from Barn, the post on the straight, Charlies 1 & 2 and then clear, for a few laps until they cleared it up. They must have also been on the radio to report rider injuries, otherewise it would have been red flagged, as it was, the medic car went out as soon as the chequered came out....brilliant. I am convinced this is because they knew we were behaving and responding to the flags and therefore 'safe'.

As for the the CB...it's been ridden by more people than a hooker and they all come back with a bigger smile on their face...ask Jools, David Cook, Monty or Adam Child from MCN. It is always available if people want a go....next time TP....I do so enjoy going around the outside of big bikes on it, especially as it looks so good. Dom...you need to get back on one mate and sort your lap times out...check out my times around Castle Combe and your winning times on a super duper 620 mate.....I'm sure you're getting older and slower mate...still. you've got the memories I guess....tee hee........if you want a go mate, give me a shout.

WeeJohnyB
Old 26-Aug-2006, 22:46
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeJohnyB
Dom...you need to get back on one mate and sort your lap times out...check out my times around Castle Combe and your winning times on a super duper 620 mate.....I'm sure you're getting older and slower mate...still. you've got the memories I guess....tee hee........if you want a go mate, give me a shout.

WeeJohnyB

Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!

I want a go, I want a go

I'll drop you a PM - fanks

p.s. I'm ignoring the Castle Combe bit
Old 26-Aug-2006, 22:46
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
... As for the the CB...it's been ridden by more people than a hooker and they all come back with a bigger smile on their face...ask Jools, David Cook, Monty or Adam Child from MCN. It is always available if people want a go....next time TP....I do so enjoy going around the outside of big bikes on it, especially as it looks so good. Dom...you need to get back on one mate and sort your lap times out...check out my times around Castle Combe and your winning times on a super duper 620 mate.....I'm sure you're getting older and slower mate...still. you've got the memories I guess....tee hee........if you want a go mate, give me a shout.

WeeJohnyB

I'm definitely keen for a go

And you couldn't resist that CC dig could ya LMAO
Old 26-Aug-2006, 22:47
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by TP
I'm definitely keen for a go

He didn't ask you
Old 26-Aug-2006, 22:47
Big Twin

Mood: Channel Swim is now a (bad) memory not a dream
tee hee

TP - I missed that one, just spotted you said a shot on the CBR......you think you can handle such a fast bike? It's used to going past people - it's there if you want a go at the next No Limits day you're on. I did have fun mind you, that's the best I've ridden for a long time...I love my RR.....just bought a set of 06 upside down forks with the radial brakes, so it'll handle and stop better maybe...yeehaa

WeeJohnyB
Old 26-Aug-2006, 22:48
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
you think you can handle such a fast bike? It's used to going past people

I think that's called "Getting a big black dog up you"

Old 26-Aug-2006, 22:50
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote: