Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 12-Nov-2009, 13:50
Bevel Head

Mood: custard
scrap yards / 250cc wanted

does anyone know of any scrap yards in and around nottingham?
i started racing at mablethorpe this sesson for the first time, well when i say started i turned up to the first meet with a loving prepared honda VT 250 (thought i'd be true to my V twin roots) and the blood thing seized up on the practice laps line up! not even one practice lap!
anyway i'm not giving up, i'm looking for an old 80's 250cc road bike something like a CB250RS or super(wet)dream or an Xl maybe even a GSX or even a yammy but need something that is easy to repare and easy to get parts for.
if you have one kicking about for the right price around £200 ish please let me know.
thanks
daz
Old 12-Nov-2009, 17:30
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Have a look at Newark Autojumble this coming sunday,(15th Nov).
Nine times out of ten there will be a few machines there ideal for Mablethorpe.
The jumble is held on the Newark showground and is easily reached off the A1 or A17.

I did a couple of seasons at Mablethorpe on a 250cc grass tracker and later on a cut down BSA C15 road bike.Enormous fun and dirt cheap racing.I still go and watch there from time to time.
Old 12-Nov-2009, 19:33
Bevel Head

Mood: custard
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeefyB
Have a look at Newark Autojumble this coming sunday,(15th Nov).
Nine times out of ten there will be a few machines there ideal for Mablethorpe.
The jumble is held on the Newark showground and is easily reached off the A1 or A17.

I did a couple of seasons at Mablethorpe on a 250cc grass tracker and later on a cut down BSA C15 road bike.Enormous fun and dirt cheap racing.I still go and watch there from time to time.

cheers mate, i did know of the auto jumbles ther but didn't know there was one this week, thanks.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit