Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 17-Dec-2005, 13:28

ok,ok....stop shouting!.....when I put the price I paid I had no idea that it wasnt the going rate for this time of year and didnt mean to pee anyone off...I take your points but I think even the dealers realise that the dukes are overpriced compared to the jap bikes, not only that, but they are usually a tad unreliable & cost double to service = no sale?as I replied to 749er...thousands of apologies & wished I'd kept my trap shut!
Old 17-Dec-2005, 13:47
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Found a CR250. Let the bone braking begin
I don't care if people want to discus what they paid for there bikes in public.
as someone who will never buy a bike brand new I like to see prices coming down any how.
its up to the individual. don't need a dealer to tell them otherwise.
and if you believe everything you read on message boards. I know a man who paid £4000 for a brand new 749 no actually they gave it to him o no sorry they paid him to take it away.
do you think prices might come crashing down now ?
maybe not
Old 17-Dec-2005, 14:09
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Found a CR250. Let the bone braking begin
1) The customers that paid more than you originally will be p***ed off.

Too bad

2) The customers that own 749's and feel theirs has just been devalued dramatically because you forgot what you paid will be p***ed off.

get over it its just a basic model

3) The new customers that go into their local dealer and can't get as good a deal as that (for whatever reason) will be p***ed off.

go somewhere else then

4) The dealers (like me) that feel they are put in an awkward position because of this misguided thread will be p***ed off.

you wont sell it for les than you want anyhow

5) The people that are trying to buy used machines and have just been given false hope as to what they can afford will be p***ed off.

don't believe the hype

6) The customers that are trying to sell a used machine on this forum (or anywhere else on the planet) will be scratching their heads thinking they are over priced when they're not........They will be p***ed off.

stop dreaming you know what its worth at the end of the day

7) Ducati Uk and Ducati in Italy (I know they both read the threads on this forum) will be upset! (better not say p***ed off here )

why they'll just be glad to see more people getting into the brand.
Old 17-Dec-2005, 16:15
Ducati Dealer
Mille
Bikes: 1098R Track Bike

Mood: Dealer of the Year 2008
Bibjo, i'm really not shouting at all here, just putting across some of my opinions. Sorry if you get that impression from my last post.

Keefer, i'm trying to protect everyone's interest here, that's all mate!

1) The customers that paid more than you originally will be p***ed off.

Too bad
That's a bit rough!I'm simply trying to remain sensitive to the masses and the bigger national picture here mate!

2) The customers that own 749's and feel theirs has just been devalued dramatically because you forgot what you paid will be p***ed off.

get over it its just a basic model
I can see why you would say that but you're missing the point chap! The same rules apply for all bikes from the cheapest to the most expensive. This 749 thread is merely an example! Call it an M620 or an 999R then!!!

3) The new customers that go into their local dealer and can't get as good a deal as that (for whatever reason) will be p***ed off.

go somewhere else then
That's not a viable or prefferable solution to most and doesn't build any customer / dealer relationships. I know for a fact the vast majority of customers would prefer to deal locally on a level playing field than feeling they have to travel. Neither does it help the network of dealers that have put themselves there for the benefit of the customers (it's not all about making money you know. Well not to me anyway!)

4) The dealers (like me) that feel they are put in an awkward position because of this misguided thread will be p***ed off.

you wont sell it for les than you want anyhow
yeah but we like to make sales, introduce new people to the brand and make money whilst still looking after the customer interest as best we can. I don't like feeling I have to sell my soul just to make a buck or two! Sometimes I feel people resent us making money, God forbid that ever happens?

5) The people that are trying to buy used machines and have just been given false hope as to what they can afford will be p***ed off.

don't believe the hype
I don't need to believe it. In my position I face it daily. I know what the hype is, plus I am aware of the reality better than most. I've seen, on numerous occaions, peoples hopes dashed when they get a reality check!!

6) The customers that are trying to sell a used machine on this forum (or anywhere else on the planet) will be scratching their heads thinking they are over priced when they're not........They will be p***ed off.

stop dreaming you know what its worth at the end of the day
Yeah mate, I know what they are worth, but threads like this don't exactly help anyone else figure out what the score is. I'm not dreaming here, this is my job!

7) Ducati Uk and Ducati in Italy (I know they both read the threads on this forum) will be upset! (better not say p***ed off here )

why they'll just be glad to see more people getting into the brand.
I doubt (in fact I know) Ducati are not thrilled about their brand being devalued, just like the rest of us. I go to dealer meetings both here and Italy, i've spoken to the top management personally on many occasions regarding this topic.

Keefer, i'm really not trying to be argumentative here, i'm thinking of everyones best interest, including yours and mine
Discounting happens, it's a way of life! I accept that. I may even do it occasionally dependant on the circumstances.

The "Ducati Experience" is all about community, fun, riding bikes, solidarity amonst like-minded folk and much, much more. In my opinion, this is the only brand with such an attraction, that's why I love it so much. I've made some true friends in here and had a real laugh doing it! See last weeks thread about the Scottish contingent Christmas night out!

As long as each customer feels looked after. That's the big picture. Comparisons between one to another in my experience don't always help, they can create discord that otherwise wouldn't exist!

Just my opinion though!
Old 17-Dec-2005, 17:04
RCA

I've just bought a brand new 999R for £1.50
Old 17-Dec-2005, 17:16
RCA

Quote:
Originally posted by Carbon749
Also, not bragging but, I have a old base 911 which I will be selling in spring to buy a slightly newer base boxster. I just want people to think Iam a hairdresser and believe a 2 seater open top sports car will do the trick. Definetly not a case of being a wanna be 911 owner...Honest.
Old 17-Dec-2005, 20:33
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games
3 cows in a field, which one is on holiday?
Old 17-Dec-2005, 20:34
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games
Quote:
Originally posted by 749er
3 cows in a field, which one is on holiday?

Glasgow accent......

the wan wae the wee calf

booooom boooom!!