Ducati Sporting Club UK
General Motorcycles only
General motorcycle issues, including non-Ducati, but keep it motorcycles!

Old 10-Feb-2006, 17:11
WSB Hero

Mood: No point in working long hours to die early
DSC discounts!!!

Is there a list of what DSC discounts are available to members. What discounts are dealers / suppliers offering if any. Who do members use that offer discounts. Is there a list???
Old 10-Feb-2006, 21:18
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk

check out Pronto?

C
Old 10-Feb-2006, 21:56
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: 748ish . .

Mood: Sampai jumpa lagi
Hello doogalman

I have had discounts from dealers for parts, when I say DSC, but nothing special to be honest.

Maybe you need to know the right peeps.

What I would like to see in Pronto is a list of discounted items specific to the different models, (such as sparkplugs/nuts and bolts etc) and not the same old companys offering £10 off some carbon fiber.

regards

TopiToo
Old 11-Feb-2006, 00:36
WSB Hero

Mood: No point in working long hours to die early
MMmm, i think its often a case of if your face fits rather than wether you belong. If there are no guidelines then why should you get a discount.
Not got pronto to hand. Whats in there??
Old 11-Feb-2006, 06:32
Big Twin

Mood: Enjoying Togdom !
As the newly appointed commercial manager i have been tasked with updating the discounts available to members.
For instance i am in discussions with the Frank Thomas group(FT,motrax,revitts,bikezone,lintec) Hien Gerrick ,Grand prix racewear (brembo and all things racing) plus a couple of others.
Look at what you do for a living ,does your company have something of use to DSC members,are there discounts to be had ,if o please u2ume with contact details and i will try to set smething up.
I am also keen to set up some form of formal deal with Ducati dealers for the benefit of all members.
My aim is to be able to offer DSC members an honest £100 real saving per year.
Any ideas please let me know
Butch
Old 11-Feb-2006, 08:51
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
Quote:
Originally posted by butch890
As the newly appointed commercial manager i have been tasked with updating the discounts available to members.
For instance i am in discussions with the Frank Thomas group(FT,motrax,revitts,bikezone,lintec) Hien Gerrick ,Grand prix racewear (brembo and all things racing) plus a couple of others.
Look at what you do for a living ,does your company have something of use to DSC members,are there discounts to be had ,if o please u2ume with contact details and i will try to set smething up.
I am also keen to set up some form of formal deal with Ducati dealers for the benefit of all members.
My aim is to be able to offer DSC members an honest £100 real saving per year.
Any ideas please let me know
Butch

Ive had a word Butch .....but my bosses say we cant offer a discount, youll have to pay full price!
Old 11-Feb-2006, 09:45
500SD

Cornerspeed - Neil looks after members,such as free postage on parts.
Old 11-Feb-2006, 10:04
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Fabulous
Butch, I didn't know about this? Self-appointed or by committee? Anyway, congrats. Now, if you could start negotiating for discounts on wine, I'll definitely vote for your security of tenure in this post.

Personally, I find a cheeky smile and a reference to having lots of biker mates in the DSC gets me a bit of a discount. Not everywhere though. Some people just give me the 'no chance luv' look. Still, I'm not the kind of woman who can't take a knock back, I just take my business elsewhere.
Old 11-Feb-2006, 13:37
Big Twin

Mood: Enjoying Togdom !
Ruthie darling ,i already have a deal of 100% discount on wine (as some of you know)unfortunatly i cannot swing a deal for club members on the same terms.
Free bottles do occasionally make there way to members who are having a bad day !
Butch
Old 11-Feb-2006, 14:06
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

I dont think its particularly right to expect a discount simply by being a member of a club (even if its as good as the DSC).

I dont have a business of any type but to me, discounts have gotta be two way, those offering the discount need to see some benefit as well - either in advertising or in an increase of customers - hopefully via the sponsored club.

Insurance seems to be the most likely candidate for discounts and there have been many threads about insurance on here, one problem being that anything to with insurance seems to be a nightmare to me!!!

Perhaps a poll to see if there is a preferred insurer might be of use ???

Cheers - Frank