Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 04-May-2005, 21:33
Big Twin

Shame, sad to see a bike go like that.

Time to start breaking it and see what's saleable and giving you a bit more towards the next one. It'll also keep you busy and your mind off other things....
Old 05-May-2005, 11:01
500SD
Bikes: MTS12S, R1, off road stuff, and vintage stuff too.

Mood: MTS1200 - yum yum yum yum yum yum yum ...
Sorry to hear its written off Chris.
I did hint at it above that they may say that. The rules must have changed as I'm sure Cat B used to be secure destruction of the frame by a registered breaker to ensure it couldn't be rebuilt and sold.

The real bugger for you now though is having to make a claim against a mate, and having to wait until its sorted before you can go buy another one

Cheers,
John.
Old 05-May-2005, 11:17
Mille

Mood: building the beast
Quote:
Originally posted by John W
Sorry to hear its written off Chris.
I did hint at it above that they may say that. The rules must have changed as I'm sure Cat B used to be secure destruction of the frame by a registered breaker to ensure it couldn't be rebuilt and sold.

The real bugger for you now though is having to make a claim against a mate, and having to wait until its sorted before you can go buy another one

Cheers,
John.

I expected it to be honest but i still hoped she could be saved. They just told me i can break it and sell what i can but it can never go back on the roab. I was thinking i would cut the frame in half and grind off the numbers before i bin it so that i know it will never be used again
Old 05-May-2005, 16:03
500SD
Bikes: MTS12S, R1, off road stuff, and vintage stuff too.

Mood: MTS1200 - yum yum yum yum yum yum yum ...
no need to cut it in half, just cut one section of tube out, or one major mount off (e.g. engine mount).
Also not a good idea to grind the numbers off as that leaves it open to enterpretation where the frame came from.

Did you have to buy the bike back, or will they factor that into any settlement ?
Ah, didn't you say you were tpft, so no settlement...
Old 05-May-2005, 17:27
Mille

Mood: building the beast
Quote:
Originally posted by John W

Ah, didn't you say you were tpft, so no settlement...

You got it in one matey My insurance co dont care but being 23 i cant afford fully comp

All things being well i will be able to claim from my friends fully comp cover as i crashed as a result of his crash ( he left oil + debris on the road )