Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 24-Jan-2004, 19:24
500SD

Mood: Blooo Duke gets red heads
Stu, Im going deaf, but.........

my eyesights fine
Srri, not an all weather rider, at 55 yrs young, the chill does summfink to my joints (and I mean arms, elbows, knees type)
and my excuse for not riding at the mo, is........beasty is at Nelly's having some internal magic done , hi comp pistons to start with
rgds
mort
Old 25-Jan-2004, 11:32
Bevel Head

Mood: Neutral - but only maybe. 1994 Duc 916S1, 2006 Duc Sportclassic 1000 Sport
Well I'm off outy in a minute before the snow arrives and I aint no youngster - nice to have a 916. Used to have a 900ss and the carbs would be icing up like hell today
Old 04-Feb-2004, 10:37

Front End Judder

I had the same problem last year with front end judder. JHP replaced both the front discs and pads, cleaned and grease the calipers and pistons. The judder went away for a short time, but then returned. So back to square one. A friend suggested that the suspension preload could be out and the judder is caused by the suspension bottoming out. Not had any clonks from the forks, so don't know if that will work. Got some revised suspension settings from Sport Rider (http://www.sportrider.com/bikes/146_...ttings/#ducati) and the 996 instructions from PB, so will check against the factory settings to see if they are out at all and what the differences are with the new settings when the weather gets better. All that I know is it probadly looks like it is not the discs/pads/calipers that are to blame as I have only done around 250 miles since the replacements where fitted due to a knee op. JHP also checked the head bearings and fork alignment/tightness and they were correct. This is starting to really puzzle me now as what it can be apart from a suspension setup issue. Any ideas? Paul.
Old 05-Feb-2004, 23:36
Montjuic

Mood: Cleaning the Weather OFF!
ah well had to be recovered by the AA today, seems that my idling problem just got a whole lot worse, its been gradually getting harder and harder to start since they changed the mixture after the first service and then now it dont spark.
So im tootling around a nice 800 monster for the time being, funny really cos that seems fine. First ducati Ive been on without issues