Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 22-Feb-2004, 20:23
500SD

Mood: Blooo Duke gets red heads
SSTU

looks similar but will get out of "long term" storage to see if part no's similar
Its in the shed, you see and dont always go there
In the next few days m8
rgds
mort
Old 22-Feb-2004, 22:47
Mille

Mood: Mellow Yellow
For Mort.

Thanks for the offer but my SS will never return to stock, far too much done to it! Will never sell either, no chance of getting the money back that has been spent ever.

Jim
Old 22-Feb-2004, 23:13
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

Dynojet Centres

Hmmmm - tried to find a 'reputable' tuning centre I'd heard of in Manchester - no result !!! Sorry about that.....

So I tried looking in the Dynojet website

http://www.dynojet.co.uk

and there is somewhere listed for both Stockport and Barnsley but I aint hear dof either of them - but the latter does have a dynojet 200 machine....

Might be worth giving them a buzz.

Does the 1995 model 900ss have carbs? I thought the injected models started from 97 but I been wrong plenty b4

Good luck - Frank
Old 22-Feb-2004, 23:23
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
you can get a filter fixing frame
http://www.drdesmo.com/airbx.htm

or the BMC filter as on page 5 of the FBF tuning pdf

http://www.ferracci.com/2002ferracci...ons/tuning.pdf

http://www.revlimiterracing.com/airf...mc.html#ducati

Frank sorry M&P didn't have any of these for you
http://www.ducatitech.com/2v/aftermarket/dyna_kit.html

http://www.ducatitech.com/2v/afterma....html#IGNITION
Old 22-Feb-2004, 23:36
WSB Hero

LOL - Cheers Kev...

I've been on Chris's CA website many times in the past and sent him a few emails as well - cool guy.

I will move up to Dyna Coils at sometime but have quite a few toys to keep me busy for the meantime, steering damper, gear indicator, building up front Marchesini and getting new front tyres for a start off.......I've also got my eyes on a hi-rise handle bar kit as well, just to ease my poor aching back - LOL.

So my poor long-suffering 944ss will be with me for sometime yet...we've been though too much already and I'm starting to think that if I'm ever cut.....

I really do bleed - DUCATI RED -

Cheers - Frank
Old 24-Feb-2004, 18:23
Mille

Yes Frank
The 95 model has carbs .
I checked out the link you put in for dinojets it works out at 75.20 for my bike. Now let me get this straight I buy a D.J kit and take it to one of these places and they will fit it and tune the bike for a fee.
Old 24-Feb-2004, 19:59
500SD

Mood: Blooo Duke gets red heads
Frank

steering damper!! Does it make you go quicker, and why fit one? Are you suffering from hi speed wobbles?
Id also be interested in how you found the hi rise bars, at my age %% yrs young, (or maybe that should be OLD) I could do wiff anything to ease me poor back
u2u me with costs for damper and bars and where you are going to get them from. Maybe we could get a discount if there were 2 or more buying at same time

btw have added attachment showing mine,the 2nd post tonight will be very large, so be patient as I cant remember how I shrunk the first piccie to user friendly size
and SSTU, as you say, it aint going back to standard, nor mine either
All
know anyone wants standard zorsts?? going cheap.
best rgds
mort
Old 24-Feb-2004, 20:28
WSB Hero

SSTU,

If you go to the Dynojet centre you simply pay them loadsa money and they will provide, fit and then tune your bike to fit your requirements (hopefully).

The stage 1 dyno kit does state a free flowing air filter I believe - so you may need to supply your own K+N air filter unless your dynojet centre can supply one.

The dynojet centre should have both a dyno and gas analysis machines so they can check the gas mixture of your bike right through the rev range.

The advantage in doing it this way is that you can leave your bike with them - that way if the carbs need to come off more than once (it does happen !!!) then its probably easier for them to do.

The only thing that has just struck me is that before doing all this any necessary maintenance item (cam belt adjust, rocker adjust, timing, carb balance, plug change etc. etc should really be done BEFORE all this is done - sorry more expense I know).

Good Luck - keep us informed pls

Frank
Old 24-Feb-2004, 20:37
WSB Hero

Paul M

Steering damper....

Yep I do indeed get a shimmy every now on then and only one one piece of road that I'm starting to go a little (ahem) faster on.

See my previous posts - £100 for a TOBY 20 position damper from BFM Tyres, they are selling them on Ebay starting at £50.

Hi rise bars:
These kits go for stupid prices (+£200) there are some very good ones on the market:

Gilles

Helibars

and even a kit for changing away from the clip-on type bars on my 93 ss - heres one being sold on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...EBWA%3AIT&rd=1

However, I'm going my own way (surprise, surprise) by dropping the yokes through the forks a little and fitting flat clip-ons ABOVE the top yoke to give me a slight rise while retaining the clip-on look still. Lenghtening the cables might be required but I have a local shop that can fabricate cables easily - electrics would be a different story however.

ST looks GREAT by the way !!!!

Good luck - Frank
Old 26-Feb-2004, 17:52
Mille

Cheers lads of on my hols to Tenerife tomorow will speak to you all when I get back