Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 05-May-2004, 13:12
Montjuic

Mood: Flying!
mit,

I have a 2001 748s with the same problem, now resolved. I had tried everything listed so far. The original discs were spot on, the Brembo pads were like new, the front tyre balance was done but didnt make any difference, the headstock bearings were tightened, still no difference. When I had a new set of Diablos fitted three weeks ago at Micheldever, the mechanic spotted that the right hand wheel bearing was slightly noisy off the bike (on the balance machine) and that when he spun it with his finger the bearing locked in one position. One or more of the balls had been crushed. He replaced it with a new bearing and re-assembled the bike, since then the judder has gone. I also fitted some SBK+3 pads which seem to have less initial bite but less fade after hard work. Nice hiss from the brakes when making progress now.

Good luck.

James
Old 05-May-2004, 13:40

thanks james, its funny you should say that, as i went to see nelly at cornerspeed yesterday and he is convinced from the discription of the problems that it is a wheel bearing,im taking my bike over to him next week for him to sort it out,fingers crossed,
will let you know
manythanks
martin