Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 14-May-2004, 00:10
BSB Star
Bikes: 998s, Jota, KTM 690 Duke

Mood: My Jota goes rumpety rump! & I have my wife exactly where she wants me!
Jon
Suggest you just get the pipes and then an "Ultimap" chip. I`m told there better than the Ducati ones and can be fine tunes to eliminate the odd cut out and back fire which seems the norm when going to Termi`s on the 998s.

ps you should have just bought a nice red 998s instead of the tarty hand bag special you now have!!!!!

ps 2

you`l read lots of rubbish on here about which are faster, yellow dukes or red dukes. Do not be fooled into thinking that yellow ones are kwicker, there not and thats a fact, most of them are owned by sad people, you know the type, if they won the lottery they would go out and order a yellow Ferrari, god forbid!!!!!!

Have a nice day and welcom to the club/madhouse..................wible!
Old 14-May-2004, 00:25
500SD

Mood: Blooo Duke gets red heads
Jon
ask Nelly whats the bestest to fit re chipset and He will give you FREE advice as well
All my servicing and mods are done with Neil (Nelly) at Cornerspeed
He's my Blooo Duke god
rgds and welcome to the madhouse
a very blooo mort (and thats seriously good)
Old 14-May-2004, 12:32
888 at Last !!!

Just to confirm that the 996S and 998S/R end cans can be used on all these models. End cans only mind you and only 996S, 998S and 998R 50mm are interchangeable !!! not any other exhaust parts.

I have a 996S with 998R end cans and Ultimap UM231 chip (which is just for my 996S by the way). Set up by Sigma Performance - After that all was great with my bike and ever since

I'm sure the power commander is just as good though.

Both the power commander and Ultimap Chips can be re-programmed with a specific setting. Both really require a dyno run. The Ultimap chips require Ultimap software to setup really well and remap chip. I'm not sure about the power commander but I think it's much easier to remap with it.

£150 for an Ultimap chip mind you. If you want setting up , dyno and remap then add £x? depending on requirements.

[Edited on 14-5-2004 by ziggi]
Old 14-May-2004, 12:40
888 at Last !!!

sorry, just re-reading that - sounds like the 998's need a new ECU not just a chip so ignore my comments re:Ultimap chip and go for a power commander like DJT said
Old 14-May-2004, 13:40
Big Twin

Where abouts in Oxon are you Jon, I'm in Abingdon. Karl and Skidlids (Kev) are near the Cowley car works.

There is a keen little group of us from the area, with a meet every first Sunday of the month.

Keep an eye on the meets board, and come along.

Old 14-May-2004, 14:01
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Yep welcome to the site, as Harv748 has already pointed out there are a few of us in the Oxford area.
Myself and Senna3 did a 60 odd mile rieout yesterday evening, Oxford- watlington-Thame-Long Crendon-B4011-Arncott-Merton-Islip and back to Oxford.

as for pipes I have just recently got a 54mm half system for my 998 Hybrid, I got it off American Ebay from a Ducati Franchised dealer, Titanium cans, 50/54mm connector pipe and ECU total cost imported was £612 Brand new in the box.
As also mentioned any of the 50mm cans will fit your existing system but the conector pipes are different between the Testastretta models and the earler models.

Kev
Old 14-May-2004, 22:45

Mood: Happy
Wow! Thanks to all of you for the welcome.

For those of you in the Oxford area I am in Bucknell near Bicester and if yu don't mind the "tarts handbag" (thanks rcgbob44) tagging along i'll try to come to one of your meets.

I guess on the cans/chip I'll speak to Nelly as suggested.

Thanks all
ride safe
Jon
Old 15-May-2004, 00:36
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Hi Jon, will no doubt meet up with you before long, last night we were not far from you and were looking for a suitable pub for the odd evening meet, The Rock of Gibraltar at Blechingdon looks favourite so far, so may try and arrange a meet there one evening prefer Thursday as could the ride over to the Folly at Padbury near Buckingham.
I'll post under the rideouts section if we arrange anything, but will have to fit it around my shift pattern and visit to the TT.

Kev
Old 15-May-2004, 01:50
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by rcgbob44

you`l read lots of rubbish on here about which are faster, yellow dukes or red dukes. Do not be fooled into thinking that yellow ones are kwicker, there not and thats a fact, most of them are owned by sad people, you know the type, if they won the lottery they would go out and order a yellow Ferrari, god forbid!!!!!!

I'll see you at cadwell then - showdown time :P

BTW in Italy its only the old farts that drive red ferraris, the young trendy ones go for yellow ones.

No wonder you think they're sad, totally different generation you see