Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 30-Oct-2006, 10:12
Ducati Corse

Mood: Looking for a one way ticket to the 'Ring.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herb
I don't think Hayden's win has devalued the championship. I think having the same rider, even one a great as Rossi, win every time devalues it.

I think next season will be close between Rossi, Capirossi and Pedrosa.

Well it's good to have a different opinion, but Hayden beat Rossi at Laguna. At Assen, Rossi was injured? if my memory fails me, you can say he won the mind war to make him fall off, but I doubt it. So he beat him here? not really.
After those 2 wins where did Hayden beat Rossi?
It was more like Honda beat Yamaha.
I just think Rossi fought harder and deserved it more, but he made a mistake and paid the price.
I was bored when Schumacher walked to some of his titles, but wanted him to actually win this last one for what he had been through, for me the same with Rossi.
I think he earned this one more than some of the others titles he walked to, but I suppose the sport is made up of riders that should have won, but never did, so Rossi became one of those this year.
Great minds think alike, as who are the main contenders for next year, they were the 3 that I immediately thought of, if Hayden was in the same league as them, you would have put him in there, if he was the best?
He was GIVEN the title courtesy of Yamaha, he won nothing!
Old 30-Oct-2006, 10:40
Cucciolo
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 848 Evo Corse

Mood: Waiting for the revolution!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiscusFish
The points difference was what 5 points in the end. Exactly the same as the difference between 1st and second. Haydon and Honda owe Elias a VERY large drink......

I was thinking that myself last night! I guess if Vale had had the extra 5 he would have won courtesy of more wins?
Old 30-Oct-2006, 11:18
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozz
I was thinking that myself last night! I guess if Vale had had the extra 5 he would have won courtesy of more wins?

Yep, Vale would have walked away with it if they were even on points.

Rossi has had a lot of luck in his career so I guess he was just due. He showed his ability to come back from such a deficit and proved he was a real champion fighter just by doing that.

I'm really looking forward to next year, for a lot of reasons, but the new 800cc era will throw a few surprises I reckon. Watch the former 250 riders come to prominence, Vale did alright on those as I remember. Has Hayden ridden 250's much in AMA? I know he won the AMA SBK title but not sure if he's ever spent much time on a small bike?

Capirex will do well, he always does!

It will be as tight as Desmo Due next year!
Old 30-Oct-2006, 19:38
500SD

Mood: Come on spring!!!
GPs

Hayden deserved the title, granted Rossi is the greatest rider the planet has ever seen and things have been stacked against him all year! But Haydens been so solid and consistant, cant believe so many people jump on Rossis bum chum band wagon. If Hayden had needed the extra points he would have pushed for the win he was all over the capirossi until he backed it down why would he risk throwing it down the road on a pointless move!!!
Old 30-Oct-2006, 20:02
500SD

Mood: chilled in France
The championship is won by the rider who has accrued most points in the season - whether he is an exciting rider, or a steady rider, matters not - it's the points that decide.....
Yes, it would have been nice to see Rossi see out the litre GP, but it is also good to have someone else win for a change. Hayden is never going to be another Rossi, but points is points....... my 0.02 cents worth......
I predict pedrobot to win next year.........the new 800 fits him like a glove, whereas Rossi looks......too big for it.....?????
Old 31-Oct-2006, 07:28
500SD
Bikes: ST4S

Aw c'mon, give Hayden a break. The guy rode his heart out all year and deserves accolades for a smooth, though unexciting championship charge. Rossi is great, rides like a demon and was bound to low or high side sometime. Hayden is champ and deservedly so, but it is too bad Ducks were hit with some bad luck mid-season. They were really competitive this year and this last race showed how fast they really are.
800's, hmmmmmm, will the regs make them any slower?
Old 31-Oct-2006, 08:30
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games
Didn't Hayden only win because the Lord blessed him and no one else? Arrogant P***k!
Old 31-Oct-2006, 10:20
Mille

Mood: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by 749er
Didn't Hayden only win because the Lord blessed him and no one else? Arrogant P***k!

Why have you got such a chip on your shoulder?
Old 31-Oct-2006, 13:12
500SD

Mood: PENSO POSITIVO....SEMPRE!!
I am still under shock as most of the italians rider here... slowly digesting that Hayden is the motogp world champion. At the end, Valentino is a human being - we were starting to think that he was a martian - well may be just kenny Roberts was.
I am happy for the kentucky boy.. sad for the Rossi as he could have been the only rider to win motogp 1000 - and the only one not to be beat anymore as starting next year will be 800 -
Old 31-Oct-2006, 13:31
Ducati Corse

Mood: Looking for a one way ticket to the 'Ring.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Dog Bianchi
Aw c'mon, give Hayden a break. The guy rode his heart out all year and deserves accolades for a smooth, though unexciting championship charge.

I'm sure we can say the same for most of the riders, that they ALL rode there hearts out, but that does not mean they deserve it.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit