Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 31-Oct-2006, 13:15
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariel
Why have you got such a chip on your shoulder?

I don't.
Old 31-Oct-2006, 14:01
Big Twin

Mood: www.zeitgeistmovie.com The Truth they dont want you to know.
Anyway....Haydon didnt win the Championship....

HONDA DID.

Haydon had the most points so HONDA stepped in and said to all the other Honda riders, they had to let him go in front of them...How obvious was it?

Pedrosa,Stoner and Elias were`nt even trying, they were there to keep the other`s at bay, all Haydon had to do was ride around and not crash.

The riders not under Honda team orders were either too fast (Ducati) or too slow (Kawasaki,suzuki and Yamaha)

But the rest of the honda`s were out there to make Haydons job easier..

Honda wanted the championship so badly they would have done anything, including taking one of Rossi`s relatives hostage somewhere...which I haven`t ruled out...

It was a very very strange race.
Old 31-Oct-2006, 14:11
Big Twin

Mood: Black and grey (and a bit of red)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanDaMauler
HONDA DID.

Haydon had the most points so HONDA stepped in and said to all the other Honda riders, they had to let him go in front of them...How obvious was it?

Pedrosa,Stoner and Elias were`nt even trying, they were there to keep the other`s at bay, all Haydon had to do was ride around and not crash.

The riders not under Honda team orders were either too fast (Ducati) or too slow (Kawasaki,suzuki and Yamaha)

But the rest of the honda`s were out there to make Haydons job easier..

Honda wanted the championship so badly they would have done anything, including taking one of Rossi`s relatives hostage somewhere...which I haven`t ruled out...

It was a very very strange race.

Are you on drugs Van?
Old 31-Oct-2006, 14:51
Cucciolo
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 848 Evo Corse

Mood: Waiting for the revolution!
Have to say it did remind me of the France - Brazil world cup final a few years back.

Brazil went in as favourites and then Ronaldo had a fit and was as useful as a jelly. Rossi seemed the same way. His normal faultless riding and dicing just were not there.

I don't have a problem with Haydon winning the championship - just Honda!
Old 31-Oct-2006, 16:36
Big Twin

Mood: www.zeitgeistmovie.com The Truth they dont want you to know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by beancounter
Are you on drugs Van?

I may have just had a few "hits from the bong" why do you ask?

Last edited by VanDaMauler : 31-Oct-2006 at 16:38.
Old 31-Oct-2006, 16:43

Mood: malaguti phantom power!
I read somewhere this morning that Bayliss lead more laps after sundays race than Hayden did during the whole season! I think things like that sum up why so many people are dissappointed he won the championship.

Hopefully Loris, Rossi and Melandri can have an injury free season next year, and Stoner can stop crashing! Should be mega looking forward to it already!
Old 31-Oct-2006, 17:14
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games
Quote:
Originally Posted by macey46
I read somewhere this morning that Bayliss lead more laps after sundays race than Hayden did during the whole season!.

Hopefully Loris, Rossi and Melandri can have an injury free season next year, and Stoner can stop crashing! Should be mega looking forward to it already!

amazing! will be more amazed if Stoner keeps it rubber side down
Old 31-Oct-2006, 17:34
DSC Membership Sec. & BHCN R.O.
Webteam
Big Twin
Bikes: None at the moment

Mood: Feeling old...
I don't see it as overly strange - Rossi doesn't go well at Valencia, never has - last year he crashed in qualifying and struggled in the race - maybe the circuit doesn't suit the Yamaha, but plenty of top riders don't like Valencia.

Hayden on the other hand was right on it there last year - pushed Melandri hard all the way for the win. It's left handed (suits Americans), and Hayden seems to like it. I always thought if it came down to Valencia Hayden would have the edge.

Honda have also done something to Hayden's bike over the last couple of weekends - from being uncompetitive in Brno, Philip Island, Sepang, Motegi - he suddenly went to Estoril and was right on the pace, and again at Valencia, the bike was much quicker than it had been elsewhere.

Consistency wins championships in any sport, ***** or bust doesn't (which Yamaha have been this year).

Also think Rossi was in a no-win by the last race - even if he had won Hayden would have blamed it on Pedrosa...

2 riders, 2 different styles, but overall Hayden and Honda just did a better job this year than Rossi and Yamaha (IMHO)
Old 01-Nov-2006, 06:52
500SD
Bikes: ST4S

Finally, a little bit of sense thrown into this thread. Anyone who takes a world championship deserves accolades for what ever got him there outside of cheating. Rossi did not do well, but the ducks had even worse luck despite some great runs. Once the tires started to work, I was hoping for a Loris championship, but consistency won out. I have a feeling some folks don't like it cause Hayden is a yank. Kenny Roberts had his detractors as well. Life moves on.
Old 01-Nov-2006, 06:55
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: Diavel, very non-std black & white ;)

Mood: Lucky? For some, maybe!
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Dog Bianchi
Life moves on.

Not until it's been argued to oblivion

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit