Ducati Sporting Club UK
Technical - Help or Info - NON Motorcycle
PC's, Internet etc. Cars, or how to fix that leaky radiator - in here please!

Prev   Next
Old 10-Jan-2005, 14:51
Big Twin

PC techie help needed!

I am a PC novice...so please stay with me...

I've been thinking about ungrading my (30GB) hard drive over the past couple of weeks, due to it becoming rammed to the rafters due to my love of games and surfing etc.

Also...it now appears to have become 'infected' by a load of crap/spam that has probably come from the web (despite running SP2 and AVG).

So...in an aim to kill 2 birds with one stone, the questions is, how easy is it remove the old drive, and replace it with another (120GB)? I have done a little research into it and it seems feasible. The bit that is a little confusing is when things like partitioning, bios and disc formatting are mentioned! I guess that once I get into it, it will become a little self-explanitory...

I have the windows XP CD here etc...and to be honest, apart from gaming and surfing, it is used for very little else (not for work etc), so I'm not even sure if I need to do anything in terms of backing up...as I have nothing to lose on the machine!

Any obvious pointers/step-by-step guides before I dive in