Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 06-Jul-2013, 23:45
Montjuic
Bikes: Triumph Speed Triple/DD 620/

Mood: It's a grand life if you don't weaken
I will be adjusting 'mood' on profile!!!!

Whoever wrote 'Zen in the Art of motorcycle mechanics' needs some therepy with a lump hammer! Relaxing, karma, at peace with the inner self....my arse!!!!
So, the very nice man at Ducati Glasgow posted up a pilot jet kit, got it yesterday, looking forward to fitting today resulting in no more idling probs, HA! Still wont idle, revs drop to 800 and it dies, adjust idle screw nothing until it suddenly starts to climb to around 3500. Gently adjust idle screw down and under 2000 it just drops to 800 and dies again. But bike revs freely and above 2000 sounds lovely.
So being as though I now have the monster decided to use the carb (as I know it runs perfect at tickover), swapped carbs, rubber mounts etc. all back together, exactly same problem.
Ok, so checked spark, no spark on front cylinder, checked and looks like igniter has now gone. But no big panic, took ignatech system of monster, fitted it to ss and..........still have same problem. bum!
So, went inside got bottle of Rioja and looked for copy of Zen in the art of motorcyle mechanics to rip up and burn whilst having a proper strop!
Any ideas?
Old 07-Jul-2013, 01:42
Mille
Bikes: Super Twin 800; DD B; S2R 1000

Mood: DD class B
Have you thought'bout changing karma?
In the meanwhile, you can leave it idling at 2200 for the race.
Old 07-Jul-2013, 04:56
Big Twin

Check the ohms on each of the pick ups. Should be ( if memory serves) around 100-110. I remember Alan Parkes having a similar issue at Pembrey a couple of years ago. Also you could swap the pick up wires over to see if none spark moves to the other pot, it would'nt run and be out of time but should still be there or not if that makes sense.
Old 07-Jul-2013, 07:36
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
At Pembrey a few years ago Alan's problem turned out to be the wrong pickups had been supplied to BSD, so when we took the Ignition system of my 583 Monster at the time it made no difference

Mark it may be an air leak so worth checking the sealing on the inlet manifolds and also check the inlet rubbers for leaks.

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 07-Jul-2013, 19:30
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids
At Pembrey a few years ago Alan's problem turned out to be the wrong pickups had been supplied to BSD, so when we took the Ignition system of my 583 Monster at the time it made no difference

Mark it may be an air leak so worth checking the sealing on the inlet manifolds and also check the inlet rubbers for leaks.

Kev your memory is way to good.