Ducati Sporting Club UK
General Motorcycles only
General motorcycle issues, including non-Ducati, but keep it motorcycles!

Old 31-Jan-2006, 20:37
Montjuic

Thanks TP

Let me know if you confirm 3rd April. We could meet up.

I am thinking of doing some other track days so I may well ask you for some advice in future.

Thanks

Dave
Old 01-Feb-2006, 20:31
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
Dave, I think you will find TP may be an instructor-there are 5(I make it anyway) club members who are instructors/or are trying out to be instructors. Andy Ibbott himself often visits to drop his words of wisdom-and to take the **** of course........

John
Old 01-Feb-2006, 20:34
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally posted by Monty
Dave, I think you will find TP may be an instructor-there are 5(I make it anyway) club members who are instructors/or are trying out to be instructors. Andy Ibbott himself often visits to drop his words of wisdom-and to take the **** of course........

John

Not quite John, April 3 is the day currently scheduled as my last test. If I pass that then I'm a coach.
Old 01-Feb-2006, 20:34
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Quote:
Originally posted by allthegearnoidea

As a matter of interest I have managed to obtain some reasonably priced trackday insurance from pitandpaddock who gave a decent discount for CSS days.

There's no doubt a good reason for the CSS discount - they're safer than trackdays.

Enjoy
Tim
Old 01-Feb-2006, 21:20
Mille

Mood: don't do moody
Best possible intro to track riding...I did levels 1 & 2 at brands a few years ago and can't remember anybody binning it during the entire 2 days..certainly very few..and it was excellent, very controlled , no loonies, lots of track riding virgins etc...however, I know someone who managed to lose it twice in a level 1 day at Silverstone last year although imagine this is pretty unique..he was not popular as this is definitely not supposed to happen..riding a Yamaha, so maybe to be expected??
Old 01-Feb-2006, 23:26
Montjuic

Thanks to everyone for their words of encouragement.

Wow. I've been on line chatting to a California Superbike Instructor (I'm sure its a formality TP). I will definitely be back for advice.

I'm afraid I can only give advice on running Theatres so I feel rather inadequate.

Interestingly I have heard via the CSS that ebike (my existing insurers) will now offer trackday extensions to their policies for CSS courses and will then give you a discount once you have completed level 2. No costs as yet but sound promising.

Now given everyone seems so impressed with the CSS days I wonder what the word on the streets is about the club trackdays. The forms for the club trackdays are sat on my desk calling out to me. What is the general form? Are they good for novices? Whats the crash record? Are there people around who can teach no hopers like me? In short should I sign up?

Dave
Old 01-Feb-2006, 23:32
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally posted by allthegearnoidea
Thanks to everyone for their words of encouragement.

Wow. I've been on line chatting to a California Superbike Instructor (I'm sure its a formality TP). I will definitely be back for advice.

I'm afraid I can only give advice on running Theatres so I feel rather inadequate.

Interestingly I have heard via the CSS that ebike (my existing insurers) will now offer trackday extensions to their policies for CSS courses and will then give you a discount once you have completed level 2. No costs as yet but sound promising.

Now given everyone seems so impressed with the CSS days I wonder what the word on the streets is about the club trackdays. The forms for the club trackdays are sat on my desk calling out to me. What is the general form? Are they good for novices? Whats the crash record? Are there people around who can teach no hopers like me? In short should I sign up?

Dave

Well thanks for the vote of confidence but I won't count my chickens just yet ... The DSC is lucky to have a few real CSS coaches already in David Cook, Richard Sneig and Chris Butcher. I don't think we have anymore do we? We also have WeeJohnnyBee who is an excellent instructor for No Limits Track Days.

Club Trackdays ... I think the DSC track days are an excellent introduction to the track day scene. Definitely a more friendly and helpful environment. DSC track days have a reputation for being more considerate than most and there's always plenty of help and advice around should you need it. I would thoroughly recommend it for your first experience.

There will be instructors at each DSC day that can help you out as well.

Old 01-Feb-2006, 23:35
MotoGP God

I nearly forgot to mention that Monty, who lives very close to you, is the track day organiser for the club. I'm sure you two can have a chat over a leisurely lunch