Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 08-Jan-2007, 11:25
Big Twin

Mood: www.zeitgeistmovie.com The Truth they dont want you to know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by philthy
I think the reason you are required to clean up your dogs poo is that it's estimated that 100 kids a year go partially blind after contact with dog faeces..... And dog poo smells horrible whereas horse poo smells lovely Just pick up a handfull next time you see some and have a good sniff.......mmmmm gorgeous

Now cat poo, that's just disgusting.....keep cats off RUPPS and out of my garden I say

Ha ha ha and people wonder why I HATE children, what are the dirty little "blind" *******s doing playing with dog shite???

Mr Hankey is`nt real, he`s a cartoon.

And anything thing that comes out of somethings `Arris stinks, Shite is shite and it all stinks.
Old 08-Jan-2007, 11:52
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: What a wonderful world.
Not wanting to upset anybody (I'd love green laning if I had such bike)...

But to the French bloke that I am, "La liberté des uns s’arrête là où commence celle des autres" (which means "Your freedom ends where the other person’s freedom begins").

Smoking in public places, using a specific vehicule where other people wouldn't, it's all the same story.
No problem with it as soon as it doesn't attempt other people's freedom (to breathe fresh air in a pub, to have a peaceful walk in the country, etc...).

Not taking any side here, but...
Old 08-Jan-2007, 13:51
500SD

Mood: Out with the grey....in with the satin black
but what Tonio???.....vehicles only had (legal) access to approx 5% of the nations trail's. If walkers & horse riders don't like 4x4's or trail bikes, they should f'ing well stick to the 95% of the trails that vehicles didn't have access to.

I like your French saying, but it's ironic that you use it to defend the position of the walkers'/ horse riding community's freedom. They are the very people that have applied pressure to restrict the freedom of trail riders, etc. - not the other way round.

Using your analogy......if a non-smoker walked into a pub that hasn't banned smoking (one that was part of 5% of all the pubs in the country not to ban smoking), it would be acceptable for the non-smoker to demand everybody to stop smoking as they have the freedom to breathe fresh air. What about the right of the smokers that aren't allowed to smoke in 95% of the country's pubs????

There was enough countryside for everybody to enjoy.
Old 08-Jan-2007, 15:54
Big Twin

Mood: www.zeitgeistmovie.com The Truth they dont want you to know.
Cant argue with that!!!

Tonio..."In you face!!!"

Old 08-Jan-2007, 16:43
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: What a wonderful world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylie1
but what Tonio???.....vehicles only had (legal) access to approx 5% of the nations trail's. If walkers & horse riders don't like 4x4's or trail bikes, they should f'ing well stick to the 95% of the trails that vehicles didn't have access to.

I like your French saying, but it's ironic that you use it to defend the position of the walkers'/ horse riding community's freedom. They are the very people that have applied pressure to restrict the freedom of trail riders, etc. - not the other way round.

Using your analogy......if a non-smoker walked into a pub that hasn't banned smoking (one that was part of 5% of all the pubs in the country not to ban smoking), it would be acceptable for the non-smoker to demand everybody to stop smoking as they have the freedom to breathe fresh air. What about the right of the smokers that aren't allowed to smoke in 95% of the country's pubs????

There was enough countryside for everybody to enjoy.

Oy.... I'm a biker! Me too I don't like cyclist and horse riders!!

I'm not taking any side, just saying that a lot of people never see things from another point of view than theirs. It's called objectivity, and we all lack of it

I knew I better shut up... and tbh I didn't even read the topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanDaMauler
Cant argue with that!!!
Tonio..."In you face!!!"

Like a man
Old 09-Jan-2007, 14:42
500SD

Mood: Out with the grey....in with the satin black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonio600
Oy.... I'm a biker!

I know you are mate (& on the brief occasion I met you at the Brands dsc trackday you seemed like a decent fella).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonio600
I'm not taking any side, just saying that a lot of people never see things from another point of view than theirs. It's called objectivity, and we all lack of it

It may surprise you, but I don't use my enduro bike on green lanes (or smoke! - see my post above), but I do feel very strongly that there WAS enough countryside for everybody to pursue their chosen hobby (whether that's walking, horse riding or trail riding). Sound's like objectivity to me, no???

Outlawing law-abiding motorcyclists from the 5% of green lanes they were allowed to use legally is truly unfair. How long before you're not allowed to ride your road bike on twisty roads within 'areas of outstanding beauty' ??? Seems outrageous & very unfair, but that's exactly what's just been done (legally speaking ) to the trail riding community.

Of course you could look at the ban another way....instead of closing the 5% of trails that vehicles were allowed to use legally, they have opened up the other 95% as you'll still be breaking the same law!!!

VDM......putcha wooden spoon down mate!

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit