Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 19-Jul-2005, 23:24
Ducati Corse

Mood: Tad more confident
Sorry the day did'nt turn out has you would have liked Bungi, and hope the repair bill will be kind to you too.
Old 20-Jul-2005, 00:18
Big Twin
Bikes: Kawasaki ZX10r D6f, Dawes XC2.4, Planet X Superlight Pro Carbon

Mood: aving a laff
Hope your OK mate.
When you get chance bang up a list of needed parts in market place and I will have a root through what I have left.
Heres hoping its a short list.
Old 20-Jul-2005, 14:12
500SD

Mood: Out with the grey....in with the satin black
Quote:
Originally posted by Bungi
first session was a bit cramped lots of overtaking req some guys had booked themselves in thje fast group and i was lapping em twice in a the session cant be right coz i ant no racer, sorted out better for the second session grided in order of lap times, got away of but i like to get faster progressivly and buy this yime had been overtaken by one bike, who a lap or so later was getting in the way going into the corners. i tried to get the slingshot on him outa clearways and found an almighty slide went into a tank slapper and hey ho hello tyrewall. a few cartwheels later a short rest inthe gravel.

credit to the marshalls and medic very prompt and appropriate, their experiance clearly evident in dealing with the situation.

overall learning points, "you must run wider exiting clearways" & "why dont you wait and outbrake the bu99er into druids"& "ask how many bikes the track day organiser is running in the groups"

all said a reasonably well run day by ess. id be willing to pay more £ for smaller groups, but hey this was only £89, so no complaints.

result
a very sore Bungi and some serious crash repairs.

Bungi.....you're a very lucky man. That was a big crash & you were lucky to walk away without any broken bones & the bike didn't look too bad either (especially considering the speed you crashed at).

I know it's not much of a concillation, but as I said on the day "at least you weren't on your R".

Apart from the low of Bungi crashing it was a good day on the whole. As mentioned above, there were lots of people on track (44 in the fast group I think?) which led to quite a bit of traffic. I think the timing/ grid system eased the situation a lot though as you could get a few clear laps in before you caught anybody up, but it is way too many people for the Indy circuit.

I spent the day trying different lines/ braking markers, etc & practising some of the techniques I'd picked up on a SPORTS day I did last year. Lap times show an improvement, so I guess it must be working
Old 20-Jul-2005, 14:17
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Are you sure it was 44?

Was it the Indy circuit? The on-track limit of Brands Indy is 38 IIRC.
Old 20-Jul-2005, 14:47
500SD

Quote:
Originally posted by TP
Are you sure it was 44?

Was it the Indy circuit? The on-track limit of Brands Indy is 38 IIRC.

There were 44 names listed on the grid sheets for the fast group and 45 listed in the other group

I took a look over my shoulder whilst I was on the grid (from the 2nd row) & there were a hell of a lot of people there.

It was the Indy circuit

[Edited on 20-7-2005 by Wylie1]
Old 21-Jul-2005, 19:47
Big Twin

[/quote]

Bungi.....you're a very lucky man. That was a big crash & you were lucky to walk away without any broken bones & the bike didn't look too bad either (especially considering the speed you crashed at).

[/quote]

Hospital have since diagnosed a broken rib, however i still agree that i was lucky
Old 22-Jul-2005, 13:29
500SD

GWS mate