Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 19-May-2006, 13:57
GTL

Only done, Donington, Brands (Indy & GP), Rocky and Snetterton...out of that lot I'd definitely say Donington. Brands GP is good (and local) but prefer Donington. I quite like the "Infield" circuit at Rocky, but also did the "Superbike" course, which includes riding two of the straight sections of the banked circuit...that was bl00dy horrible...all chicanes to get on and off the banking and bl00dy great concrete walls by your ear as you turn in to get back on the infield.
Old 19-May-2006, 20:20
Founder Member
Ducati Meccanica

My guess is that lots of the votes for Cadwell will be from people who ain't ridden Oulton ;-)
Old 19-May-2006, 21:07
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: 900,900,851,750,750,750, 600,600,450,350,350,250
Quote:
Originally posted by Monty
I would vote for Cadwell, then Donington-not done Oulton yet, had hoped to do it this year with the day I was trying to organise but not enough of you wanted to be there to make it viable
Donington though I would vote for the national circuit not the GP-the Melbourne loop is a waste of good tarmac for me, ruins a nice flowing track with a stupid stop start bit. I like Brands Indy for Paddock Hill and Clearways(even though I broke both wrist's there 6 years ago...........). I did Brands GP last year and was underwelmed to be honest, just didn't gell with it, was riding the ST4S-perhaps would have been better on the TZ.
Croft I can only vaguely remember from 1971 when we raced the Vincent outfit there-only went the once, we crashed, and I believe the track is completely different now anyway.

John

You need to get that TZ out in a classic race monty !
If you want to come and have a look at oulton on bank holiday monday, I may be able to give you a ticket.
Old 19-May-2006, 21:13
Big Twin

Mood: R1's are better than Ducatis'
Quote:
Originally posted by Paul James
My guess is that lots of the votes for Cadwell will be from people who ain't ridden Oulton ;-)

Based on what's been said mate, it certainly seems so too.

Although lets be honest, Cadwell is deffo right up there... it's a cracking track on many many levels. the Woodland section is great, long long right hander.. the Goosneck scares the crap out of you.... and the lefft at the bottom is scarey on the brakes...

Before the chicane went in, the run up towards the mountain was spot on, it's a it cruddy since then... but it's bearable.

Oulton though... damn it's sweet.
Old 19-May-2006, 21:29
Big Twin

Mood: Train comes and I know its destination
Cadwell gets my vote but only because Brands GP is just too damned expensive.
Goodwood was awesome, great fun and virtually on my doorstep, but now closed to bike Trackdays
Old 19-May-2006, 21:30
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: 900,900,851,750,750,750, 600,600,450,350,350,250
I'll second that weeksy, I used to love the dash to get to the bottom of the mountain, and I'm still looking forward to getting a dry day there

I'm really looking forward to another bash at donnington too.

But I'm really excited about another ride round oulton in a weeks time
Old 20-May-2006, 20:46
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: have owned 748/853/916/749/853R/748/848 not sure whats next...

Mood: excited about the changes made to averysmotorcycles.co.uk that are coming up
donny for me

i've been going there for years and just love the place and have done so many laps round there in cars or on bike, i still get a thrill first session out at donny.
Old 21-May-2006, 15:49
DSC Club Rep
Ducati Corse
Bikes: Monster 1100 EVO

Mood: I'm A Grandad again :-)
Cadwell, superb riders circuit, fast & slow cornes, blind entries & only one dumb new chicane

Not done oulton, so can not comment, been told its like a posher version of cadwell, so would like to try it.

Done Darley, Snetterton, old fast mallory, brands Indy, none compare to cadwell.

Chris.