Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 10-Aug-2004, 10:26
BSB Star

Mood: All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing
MS: An honest opinion please?

996 is sold, so am thinking about chopping in the ST2 for an MS. Have been watching this group for a couple days now, but would like to hear some honest opinions regarding ownership.

Will probably - but not guaranteed, buy bike from Italia Moto in Lincoln, but would be interested to hear of experiences with other dealers - except On yer Bike, don't like the sound of that lot!!!
Old 10-Aug-2004, 10:48
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
John,you have a U2U.
Italia have a demo model,I'm sure they will let you have a play on.Failing that,you can have a go on mine.
Old 12-Aug-2004, 09:47
Montjuic

Mood: Garage is getting too small....
MS - My happenth

Yeti,

The MS is the best bike I've owned in over 20 odd years of motorcycling.

It's not to everyone's taste - but it suits my style of riding perfectly. It goes, it stops, and it takes the michael out of many "faster" bikes given current British road conditions (LOL).
Also, it's easier (and cheaper) to maintain than a 4-valver, and gives the rider a BIG grin after each ride.

So, IMHO - "the job's a good'un".

I'm just *&%@'ed off that I have to sell mine (and my other bikes) because I've buggered my shoulder playing racquet sports.

If this wasn't the case, then I'd not be here ... I'd be out riding the beaut.

Is Woburn Sands any closer to you than London ? If so, try and organise a ride on the MS in there (see my previous postings).
Old 12-Aug-2004, 13:29
500SD

Mood: Happy again with Numptystrada
Yeti I'm not sure if I'm really allowed to do this but I suggest you try out www.multistrada.net
I have no regrets at all about purchasing my MS which is my first Ducati. I never ride on the track so I can't comment but in real world road conditions I can't fault it
Old 12-Aug-2004, 13:45
Ducati Corse

Mood: Daft as MartinH after too much Smirnoff Ice
Yeti,

I've owned an st4/st4s for the last 4 years and was very happy. Have recently swapped for a Multi and ignoring the new toy syndrome i'm well pleased.

The riding position is more comfortable (seat excepted which i've now changed), feels like a big supermoto, is very torquey and is tremendous FUN for something which isn't the most powerful thing in the world.

I'm lucky enough to also have a 996SPS as well, but its the Multi i use for day to day riding. It makes the daily commute far more enjoyable.

Looks wise it does divide opinion, with some of the people at work think its the most ugly creation on 2 wheels, but i disagree, its for me to ride and enjoy rather than please other people.

I didn't intend buying one but after a test ride was smitten.
Its easy and effortless to ride and love the way it punches out of corners, roundabouts, traffic lights without resorting to the higher speeds encouraged by the 996/ 4 valve engines, and as such may well fit your brief with your reasons for selling your 996.

Dealer wise i got mine from Woods in Abergele in North Wales, they've been great but as they're not close to you this probably isn't relevant.

give one a try and i think you'll understand why its been Ducatis best seller in England. Good luck.

Just as a passing thought, why not give your 996 away rather than sell it to a woman ONLY JOKING RUTH.
Old 20-Aug-2004, 14:10

The best thing I can say about my MS is that it has put the fun back into biking after years of trying to ride like Rossi (very badly) on a number of sports bikes. I use it far more than any previous bike because it suit more moods and is faster on the majority of the A and B roads I use than any "average" rider on a race-rep.

I did 2000m from Spain back to the UK and it was excellent except on motorways where it can be a drag.

Open your mind and be prepared to be bitten by a most entertaining bug.