Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 17-Nov-2003, 13:47
Mille

Mood: Electrically challenged
Comfort Seat

At long last I picked up the comfort seat om Friday thinking I could fit it myself over weekend.
With instructions in Italian I knew it wasn't going to be straightforward but hey, how difficult could it be?
Simple answer as it turned out; too difficult for me!
You have to remove whole seat/tank unit etc so I swiftly came to conclusion that I'd wait arrival of carbon belly pan and have dealer fit them both then.
At 160 notes it's not the cheapest of perches but having said that it looks great. From picture in brochure I thought it was just a more padded version of the stock unit but it has an almost mock Alcantara type insert with the DP name and logo embossed on one side.
Can't wait to try it out
Old 17-Nov-2003, 16:14
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Tank/Seat removal

Hmm,
Getting the tank/seat unit off is a bit of a long complicated job.
First you remove the top movable fairing.Then the fasia from the lower part.You can then get to the bolts that hold the fairing side on.Open the toolkit compartment and take out the screws for the oil cooler cover and slide it out of place.Next take the fairing sides off.Two bolts inside,two outside.The side panels have to come off too.Remove the two bolts near the grabrail and slide the panels off the peg in the frame.
In the front of the tank,either side of the airbox,are two shouldered bolts.Take them out and the other one that is under the seat near the exhaust.The tank is now free to be lifted clear of the bike,.........well it would be if you have disconnected all the fuel pipes/wiring etc.

Or maybe get your dealer to do it!

[Edited on 17-11-2003 by keefyboy]
Old 07-Jul-2004, 14:37

Mood: The Sun's Out and So am I
Shoot!... I was hoping to fit my Corbin seat myself but having read your message, I think I'll call on P&H for a price to fit it.

Dazza
Old 07-Jul-2004, 18:31
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Still having fun!
catdui and lwh, - it might be worth asking the dealers to remove the airbox restrictors if they have the tank off, - Pand H may deny all knowledge of this (they did with me on my First Service, but I gave them KeefyB's writeup on how to do it when I collected the bike so they have no excuse now). I still have this job to do, and looking at the descrsiption think it will wait until the winter when both wheels come off to be painted, new zorst and a bit of polishing on me ali bits and new see through belt covers. Wife if you are reading this you can see my Christmas list.
Old 08-Jul-2004, 14:43
Ducati Corse

Mood: Daft as MartinH after too much Smirnoff Ice
Just got my Sargent seat but won't get it fitted until i get back from my jollies so i'll give some feedback when i've done a few miles.

Not looking forward to fitting it though
Old 08-Jul-2004, 18:59
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Aaah,comes easy when you've done it a few times!
Old 09-Jul-2004, 02:02
Ducati Corse

Mood: Daft as MartinH after too much Smirnoff Ice
Quote:
Originally posted by KeefyB
Aaah,comes easy when you've done it a few times!

Fancy demonstrating