Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 23-Mar-2014, 23:46
DSC Club Member
Big Twin
Bikes: Ducati 749, Phil Read Replica, DD 620

Mood: 2011 DD Class 'B' Champion
Thank You

I have to put down a few words regarding this weekends DD races at Brands Hatch. As most will now know, my Big Brother Rod passed away on Feb 28th, he & me were virtually inseparable. He supported me at every meeting traveling with his wife in his own vehicle. Then spannering for me and anyone else that needed one of his huge hands.

He also loved a beer & was well known to be found in a clubhouse sampling their wares. His presence in the DD paddock was appreciated so much, that Trudi, Kev,P & Kev, E deemed it worthy to put a tribute to Rod in the Hottrax Program. Also RIP stickers for each riders bike.

But what really humbled Team Ghost, was the Rod Wilcock glass tankard that I was asked to present to the rider of the DD meeting. This trophy was arranged by the DD race committee.

I was extremely honored to be asked to pick a suitable rider and present the trophy. It was not an easy task, but the well deserved recipient was Phil Daruvala, better known as The Dentist or Phil the Drill. Thank you again DSC for making every member feel that little bit special.

So Yendor has finally left the forum.
Old 24-Mar-2014, 00:03
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Phil it was a privilege to have enjoyed Rod's company and an engraved Tankard seemed a very fitting trophy to bear his name
And only right that somebody close to him should get choose the recipient and also to present it to a worthy rider

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 24-Mar-2014, 11:56
DSC Club Member
500SD
Bikes: Badger DD A #50, Multistrada 1200s, Aprilia Tuono 1100rr

Mood: More chilled than a polar bear's d**k
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids
Phil it was a privilege to have enjoyed Rod's company and an engraved Tankard seemed a very fitting trophy to bear his name
And only right that somebody close to him should get choose the recipient and also to present it to a worthy rider

Here here from all at Team Badger!!!

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog.
Scott #50
Old 25-Mar-2014, 20:25
Mille
Bikes: 900ss 600ss xr400

we'll all miss his friendly presence- he was 1 of the first to welcome the hippy in the corner- amused no end by my crap van + torn old tarp held up on 2 sticks- may his memory live on!!!
Old 26-Mar-2014, 00:56
DSC Club Member
Big Twin

Lol Miles, you made him laugh, he liked you because you are a tryer.
Old 26-Mar-2014, 22:11
DSC Club Member
Mille

Although we all wish we didnt have to rely on memories,it was a poignant and sobering weekend.Wonderfull to see deano embarking on an exciting chapter and just nice to see the respect and love due to Rod,even the sky shed a tear or two on brands!! I for one will treasure the memories of the past five or six years and in particular my wilco autos cup will always have pride of place.R.I.P Rod,good memories.oh and we still managed a mechanics joke!!! £5 or £10!!
Old 31-Mar-2014, 10:24
DSC Club Member
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by brummydave
Although we all wish we didnt have to rely on memories,it was a poignant and sobering weekend.Wonderfull to see deano embarking on an exciting chapter and just nice to see the respect and love due to Rod,even the sky shed a tear or two on brands!! I for one will treasure the memories of the past five or six years and in particular my wilco autos cup will always have pride of place.R.I.P Rod,good memories.oh and we still managed a mechanics joke!!! £5 or £10!!

You are a star Dave.