Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 07-Jun-2006, 14:41
Mille
Bikes: Ducati 900SSie

900SS exhaust cans on 750SS

Ok I can't afford to upgrade the exhaust cans on my 750SS right now but I do have a spare set of stock 900SS exhaust cans available.

Looking at the link pipe section and the exit hole at the rear they seem to have far less restriction on the air flow.

Am I right in my assumptions? Are there any downsides to fitting these different exhaust cans?

Cheers!
Old 07-Jun-2006, 18:58
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquil_rage
Ok I can't afford to upgrade the exhaust cans on my 750SS right now but I do have a spare set of stock 900SS exhaust cans available.

Looking at the link pipe section and the exit hole at the rear they seem to have far less restriction on the air flow.

Am I right in my assumptions? Are there any downsides to fitting these different exhaust cans?

Cheers!
i.e or carbed?
If the bike is carbed the bend on the pipes is differant and they wont fit.
i.e pipes should fit straight on,...I think!
Old 07-Jun-2006, 21:06
Mille

It's a carbed bike. However when we held the 900ss ones up against the 750ss there didn't seem to be any difference. I'll try one side and see but I wont hold out much hope if the pipes bend in a different way.
Old 10-Jun-2006, 14:56
Mille

Ok I tried swapping one pipe over but as KeefyB said they don't fit. The problem lies in the header pipes. On the 900SS they point out away from the bike more than on the 750SS. The 750SS cans have a bend in the link pipe, the 900SS cans have straighter link pipes.

If you were willing to reshape the header pipes then they would fit as the mounting brackets lined up, it's just the cans were forced into the swinging arm before they were fully seated in the header pipes.