Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 11-Apr-2015, 10:48

class a v's b

Morning and Hello !
I've been lurking for some time , thinking of getting another bike as I used to race but the cost and more importantly the bikes being raced started to leave me cold.

From reading I think I'm class b. I used to race under a national acu license but that has long gone so even though I,ll almost start from scratch again I'll be on a class A bike. Correct ?

There is a couple of fantastic class a bike out there but a little beyond what I can pay at the minute , but class b are cheaper. From looking A and B are in the same race just classed different so I,d be in class A results on a class B bike, or is that even allowed ????
would you just say not allowed to race ??

Any advice welcome , thanks.
Old 11-Apr-2015, 11:09
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Hi
If you are renewing your ACU licence after a break of more than 3 years they should give you a Intermediate Novice licence, so not only would you have to do the ACU training course and then wear a orange jacket, you would also be allowed to race in Class B
If your Licence break is less than 3 years you would be coming back with at least a Clubman licence which would put you in Class A. Although you could still buy a class B bike and put White number boards on it and race it in Class A

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 11-Apr-2015, 11:17

Thanks for the speedy reply.

Yes, it's over 3 years. I last raced in.......... 2005 I think. Omg, that nearly 10 years ago. My license I never renewed .

I last wore an orange bib in the late 80's . I'm now worried I might not be able to fit in one as I'm slightly less athletic if you get my drift.
Very pleased to see I can run a b in the A race as it means I won't need to change my bike if I like it. I just want to have fun again. to be honest where I finish is pretty irrelevant , just as long as I'm allowed to race and finish .
Old 11-Apr-2015, 14:22
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ptjoe
I last wore an orange bib in the late 80's . I'm now worried I might not be able to fit in one as I'm slightly less athletic if you get my drift.

At 54 I'm in the same boat as are several others on the DD grid

Quote:
Very pleased to see I can run a b in the A race as it means I won't need to change my bike if I like it.

Quite a few end up by upgrading there Class B bikes to Class A by fitting a 620 engine, ECU, throttle bodies, harness and fuel pump and then selling off the Class B bits

Last years Class B champion and last years 3rd place finisher in Class B have both just done this, there are several other bikes on the grid that have the earlier Chassis with a later 620 engine

Quote:
I just want to have fun again.

That's what DD is all about

Search out the Desmo Due Paddock on facebook if you want to get to know who is who

Kevin

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 19-Apr-2015, 23:10
DSC Club Member
Big Twin
Bikes: Ducati 749, Phil Read Replica, DD 620

Mood: 2011 DD Class 'B' Champion
Age is jus a number, in 2011 a 58 year old won the class B championship.