Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue Bikes For Sale & Wanted
This section is for DesmoDue Bikes that are both For Sale and Wanted.

Old 07-Feb-2012, 14:14
Big Twin
Bikes: 959

Talking Class A - 63.7bhp and 153.7kg!

If you are serious about winning a Championship this year and don’t yet have a bike, look no further! Even if you just want to race, and want a bike that will give you the best opportunity to learn about riding rather than having to worry about the bike not being right, this is still the bike for you.

Purchased from Tim Pritchard at the end of 2011, after I finished runner up in Class B, to fight for the Class A Championship in 2012. Due to other commitments, despite a lot of work to get this bike working and looking as good as ever, the bike is unfortunately (for me) up for sale. You can see (and others will testify), that I really have put a lot into this, initially thinking I would be using it to win the Class A championship. Headline figures are:
  • 63.7bhp (Class maximum is 65bhp)
  • 153.7kg (Class minimum is 150kg)
Specification at the end of 2011:
Developed by Tim over 3 seasons into a very capable and potentially championship winning machine. It was the runner up bike in the 2009 championship with many race wins and a few lap records. More wins and records in 2010, but season ruined by a broken foot. Only used for 1 trackday in 2011.
  • 2006 model with factory "back torque limiter" slipper clutch that the older models are missing. Definitely gives an easier time on corner entry.
  • Engine fully rebuilt by Italia Moto of Lincoln prior to the 2009 season, New clutch and any other parts required. Cost around £800-900.
  • Ohlins rear shock
  • ST4 fully adjustable forks with K-Tech internals.
  • Brembo Brake master cylinder and spare lever
  • 916 fuel tank (2kg lighter than Monster Tank)
  • Various sprockets to cover all circuits
  • Race rearsets and Clip ons with numerous spare bars.
  • Quick release fuel lines
  • Power commander
  • Race air filter in adapted airbox
  • JHP titanium exhaust system with bosses welded in for setting up cylinders independantly.
  • Cam timing done by Alistair Wager (google him) releasing the midrange that most are missing!
  • Battery box relocated under seat with custom ally tray.
  • Lighter battery (only 2kg)
  • Quick action throttle
  • Carbon belt covers
  • Crash bungs
  • Race wiring loom by track electronics
In preparation for 2012, the following work has been completed:
  • Brembo Billet Clutch Master Cylinder (£150)
  • Brembo folding Brake and Clutch Levers (£160) – original levers as spares
  • DP Carbon Monster front mudguard (£150)
  • Lighter Carbon back box (£100) – original as spare
  • Alloy ST4S swingarm – Polished (£200)
  • Braking Disks all round (£300)
  • Lightweight Alloy catch tank (£30)
  • New Belts fitted by Alistair Wager (£50)
  • Leak down test on cylinders – only 4% on each, which is Very Good (£25)
  • Aprilia RSV4 Fairings and Seat (£500)
  • New Battery (£30)
There are a couple of jobs that I would still want to do if I were racing it. The ECU and Fusebox could do with a better mount, the front brake lines are a little twisted, the fairing/clipons need final adjustment because they do just touch at full lock, and I wanted to fit some Carbon under tank panels from a 916 to hide the wiring (currently I have a couple of bits of black plastic stuck in there).

I really have put a lot of work into making this the bike I would win the championship on, and this bike will strike some fear into the other riders when it turns up on the grid. Unfortunately, it will not be me on it.

The bike was purchased for £3,500, and a further £1,500 has been spent giving it a facelift and making it lighter. The Bike is now on offer for £3,750. A complete racing package is also on offer for £4,350, which includes a second identical set of Spare wheels/disks (£500) and Erde Trailer (£850).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0233.jpg (417.2 KB, 330 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0239.jpg (368.8 KB, 578 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0243.jpg (432.6 KB, 247 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0244.jpg (461.8 KB, 419 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0246.jpg (467.3 KB, 283 views)

Last edited by skidlids : 08-Jan-2013 at 22:30.
Old 07-Feb-2012, 15:57
Big Twin

Top bike that Ron, good luck with the sale.

Shame your not gonna race it though. Part of me moving to Supercup is that I will be able to watch and enjoy all the DD races (still wish I could buy it though).
Old 08-Feb-2012, 10:47
Big Twin

Thanks Neil. If I had the money I would just give it to you or Neal to ride (or myself in fact!!).

A few people have asked a couple of questions which I will post up for everyone:

Where is the bike? It is currently stored in my garage in London (SE9)
What tyres does the bike have? It has a set of brand new Desmodue series Control Dunlops on it.
Could the last few Kg's be lost to get to 150kg? Yes. You could put on a lightweight racing battery (the current battery weighs 2kg). You could also remove the airbox to lose around 2kg (but this may create more problems with power than any gains from the weight).
Old 08-Feb-2012, 11:30
Bikes: 996 Bip / CBR600F

Ron,

I have to say that is truly stunning!

I love the RSV4 fairing and seat...it looks like it rolled out of the factory with them. They follow the lines of the frame and chain, etc beautifully.

How much modifying did they require?

Simon
Old 08-Feb-2012, 12:59
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyDee
I have to say that is truly stunning!

I love the RSV4 fairing and seat...it looks like it rolled out of the factory with them. They follow the lines of the frame and chain, etc beautifully.

How much modifying did they require?
Thank you. There was some cutting at the back of the bellypan for where the exhaust comes out (on mine) around the right footpeg, which is the same with most fairings on these. It also required some cutting around the handlebars (still a little trimming required to make it absolutely perfect)... this may have been resolved by changing the clipons, but I didn't want to upset the balance of the bike, which worked so well for Tim.

To save a lot of swearing and ruined panels, I would seriously recommend going to a professional (Dave Wood Racing are good at this sort of thing - look at the job they did on my Class B bike (my avatar), the ZX10 seat was the talk of the paddock in 2011 and much imitated in 2012). They have all the gear to make any brackets up, and they know little tricks about trimming up the panels you only learn from ruining a few first!

Last edited by skidlids : 12-Mar-2012 at 09:33.
Old 30-Aug-2012, 21:34

is this machine still available?
Old 31-Aug-2012, 13:24
Big Twin

Yes. Better make me an offer quick though before Otie gets itchy feet and buys it back!
Old 08-Jan-2013, 19:36

Jolley, did you sell this bike ?

RSV4 fairing, from wicambe weiss ? If so what front bracket did you use ?

Exhaust - one standard 600/620 exhaust, connected to a pipe made by jhp ?

Regards

Kev
Old 08-Jan-2013, 22:19
Big Twin

Yes, it is now sold.

No, fairing was not Ricami Weiss, it was much better quality (IMO), but I will have to dig out where it came from.

No idea on exhaust. Otie or Chaz or one of the other DD boys may know who did it.
Old 09-Jan-2013, 12:13

ok thanks for reply Jolly