Ducati Sporting Club UK
Rideouts, Meets and other Events
Details of various meetings, rideouts and events that are not Ducati specific.

Old 22-Jan-2011, 19:07
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Prescott Bike Festival Sunday 10th April

I have booked a club stand measuring 10 meters by 6 meters for this event for which I should get 14 entry tickets for club members.

http://www.prescottbikefestival.com/

Nearer the time I will be asking for volunteers that are willing to come along to the event and display their bikes and help man the stand.
Its early days yet, but I would like to think we could have something similar to what we have done at the Popham megameet in the past but using the Party Tent we used in the Ducati Village at the Donington WSBk event in 2009.

Anybody interested in coming along and lending a hand please email me at skidlids@ntlworld.com and I will draw up a list.

Having been to Prescott before (and Gurston Down) to watch the odd Hill Climb I couldn't resist the oppotunity to have a go myself, so I've paid my money and booked a couple of runs up the hill on my 1100 Monster

Kevin

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 23-Jan-2011, 16:45
500SD
Bikes: 996 Bip

Mood: CITIUS EST MELIUS!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids
I have booked a club stand measuring 10 meters by 6 meters for this event for which I should get 14 entry tickets for club members.

http://www.prescottbikefestival.com/

Nearer the time I will be asking for volunteers that are willing to come along to the event and display their bikes and help man the stand.
Its early days yet, but I would like to think we could have something similar to what we have done at the Popham megameet in the past but using the Party Tent we used in the Ducati Village at the Donington WSBk event in 2009.

Anybody interested in coming along and lending a hand please email me at skidlids@ntlworld.com and I will draw up a list.

Having been to Prescott before (and Gurston Down) to watch the odd Hill Climb I couldn't resist the oppotunity to have a go myself, so I've paid my money and booked a couple of runs up the hill on my 1100 Monster

Kevin

Thanks indeed Kev, count me in, sounds great.

Best regards,

James
Old 23-Jan-2011, 17:30
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 848 Evo Corse SE, Evoluzione 2 ....

Mood: Dementor hunted by Foggy :)
Nice one Kev, will relocate the Hants meet for the day, look forward to seeing the Monster Coming Over The Hill

Hants - Meet Popham Airfield every 2nd Sunday of the Month @ 1pm

Ducati Snells of Alton : >>
848 Corse SE Evoluzione 2 : >>
Dementor Site :>>
Sponsor of DD Riders
Old 23-Jan-2011, 19:22
MotoGP God

Cheers Roy the more support the better
Once I know how many vehicle passes I will get I will try and sort something out with bikes for displaying on the Club stand

Whats the chances of the Ex Caparossi 990 coming over the hill

Old 11-Feb-2011, 21:11
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

Quote:
Whats the chances of the Ex Caparossi 990 coming over the hill

Very good apparently Kev.....

Only just seen the post on Ducati UK for this - sounds GREAT!

But the organisers might need telling who we are again

================================================== ====

http://www.prescottbikefestival.co.uk/

* Things Money Can't Buy Charity Auction
* Racing Stars Run The Hill – see our Facebook page for latest riders
* John Reynolds (Suzuki) and Chris Walker (Norton) confirmed
* Not be missed race bikes including Capirossi's GP5
* You're chance to Run the famous Prescott Hill
* Custom & Vintage displays
* Some really special classic cars
* Stunt Starz Stunt Team
* Live Bands (The Tantrics and Supanaut)
* Suzuki Off Road Experience
* Bike Safe and Advanced Motorcycle Groups
* Training Schools and Get On
* Owners Clubs

* Ducati Sporting

* Lots and lots of trade stands
* Dancing Girls
* Great food & beer
* Formula One Simulator
* Every motorcycle manufacturer will be there
* See the new 2011 bikes
* Not to be missed Charity Auction
* Helicopter Rides
* Track record holder runs the Hill
* All the proceeds going to Blood Bike charities
Old 27-Mar-2011, 21:40
MotoGP God

Not that far off now so time to try and sort a few things
The DSC envelope turned up containing 3 vehicle passes and 8 wrist bands, I also have a fewl more wrist bands that came in my pack along with my Run the Hill entry, not as many as I was expecting but only a couple short.

So looking for 12 volunteers, ideas and things to help us put together a stand

Once I've checked the paperwork I will see how the vehicle passes are used, They may be for Vans only and not bikes.
There will be no movement of vehicles in the showground after 8:30am so a bit of a early start required.
I'm going up on Saturday in my van along with two of my bikes.

Do we go for the Party tent or has anyone got a couple of Gazebos we can use, also banners etc. I have a Ducati banner I picked up at the Ducati village at Donington a couple of years ago.

I'm looking into getting some DD flyers printed up and we also need to get some membership forms printed

As with the Popham Megameet and the BMF Rally the stand area is Grass so some wooden stakes will come in Handy unless someone has some proper metal stakes they use for roping off areas. Also pieces of wood or plastic pucks to go under the sidestands.

Kev and Trudi have already siad they will help as has Steve Klee (Imola Duke) and if James (007) offer above still stands we have 4 plus myself.

Our Display area is 10M X 6M so we should be able to display a decent amount of bikes

Old 27-Mar-2011, 22:54
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
Nick is away so would have to be in the car and with son in tow, see if I can convince him...
Old 28-Mar-2011, 08:27
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
Quote:
The DSC envelope turned up containing 3 vehicle passes and 8 wrist bands, I also have a fewl more wrist bands that came in my pack along with my Run the Hill entry, not as many as I was expecting but only a couple short.

Once I've checked the paperwork I will see how the vehicle passes are used, They may be for Vans only and not bikes.
There will be no movement of vehicles in the showground after 8:30am so a bit of a early start required.

Do we go for the Party tent or has anyone got a couple of Gazebos we can use, also banners etc. I have a Ducati banner I picked up at the Ducati village at Donington a couple of years ago.

I'm looking into getting some DD flyers printed up and we also need to get some membership forms printed

As with the Popham Megameet and the BMF Rally the stand area is Grass so some wooden stakes will come in Handy unless someone has some proper metal stakes they use for roping off areas. Also pieces of wood or plastic pucks to go under the sidestands.

Kev and Trudi have already siad they will help as has Steve Klee (Imola Duke) and if James (007) offer above still stands we have 4 plus myself.

Our Display area is 10M X 6M so we should be able to display a decent amount of bikes

Kev, we used to have a load of the metal stake things to use for roping off area's-back from when we used to do a Ducati parking area at Superbike rounds-LONG time ago! I don't know who might have them if they still exist-possibly Chris??
I did stick my hand up to help and bring either Mutley or the RT if you want then.

John

Growing old-disgracefully!
Old 28-Mar-2011, 08:40
500SD
Bikes: 996 Bip

Mood: CITIUS EST MELIUS!
Quote:

Hello Kev,

I'm still happy to help, but as I will be coming from Henley-on-Thames, a pre-8.30am start is early. I guess a 2 hour run should do it.

Anyone in the area fancy joining up for a ride in together?

Thanks & best regards,

James
Old 28-Mar-2011, 18:43
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 848 Evo Corse SE, Evoluzione 2 ....

Mood: Dementor hunted by Foggy :)
Kev, what is bike parking like (hardstanding/grass?) and what is security like?

Hants - Meet Popham Airfield every 2nd Sunday of the Month @ 1pm

Ducati Snells of Alton : >>
848 Corse SE Evoluzione 2 : >>
Dementor Site :>>
Sponsor of DD Riders