Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 19-Oct-2004, 17:20
Bevel Head

Still not got the Duke back with me ! Service completed Don't know cost yet or if Ducati are footing the bill. Struggling with spluttering fault, they have tried new TPS, new injectors on rear as Fault code showed up, no different, new pressure sensor on exp bottle no different. Now trying small wiring harness to injectors. If not new eprom, then ECU.
Boody Hell, I'll have to put the old girl out on the corner again!!!
Probably another week
Old 19-Oct-2004, 17:41
500SD

cmoss

totally different and unfortunately I can't help but which crash bungs did you fit ?

Cheers
Old 19-Oct-2004, 18:37
Bevel Head

m1keyp,

They were MOKO, aluminium brackets with 8mm threaded rod through frame, cut out pannels all ok.
Old 19-Oct-2004, 23:36
500SD

Thanks for that I have just bought the cyclecat product.
Old 04-Nov-2004, 13:15
Bevel Head

Update as to what's happening. So far they have changed over pretty much everything. ECU, Chip, Injectors and Relays. They seam to think it's a wiring loom fault causing rear injector not to fire every now and again. So a new loom is on its way. They have informed me that Ducati is picking up the bill for the rockers and cam and Manchester branch, isn't going to charge for finding the fault.
So all being well should be back with me just ready for the snow
But can't complain if they are picking up most of the tab especially whilst it's out of warranty.
Old 13-Nov-2004, 17:13
Bevel Head

996 arrived back this weekend The fault wasn't the wiring loom, they found it to be the Regulator/Recitifier, but only when the bike was cold and they put a load test on it and found the fault.
Really happy with the service as the final bill came to £506. Not bad considering they have had the bike for 7 weeks or so. Will be out running the parts in tomorrow. While out at the NEC I put an order in for the Techtronics Digital dash should be here in December, so will have fun fitting this. Anyway all is now well and can't wait for next year and get on the track days.