Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 02-Feb-2006, 00:35
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
No Limits / Jerez - fablus!!!

Following on from TP's thread about those great guys at No Limits, I thought I'd add my own.

I've just got back from 7 days in Jerez, 6 of which I spent on the track. And what a track - superb, sooooo fast and long - so rewarding!!!

2.75 miles of wringing the neck out of the little monnie, with the start finish straight offering a welcome respite at the end of a lap, before you hit some fast sweeping bends and hang on for dear life, wondering if monnies were designed to go this fast!!!! That Sito Pons bend is just awesome, taken at hi-speed, its off camber over a rise that finds you searching for the apex (I found at least 3!!) and praying that those Diablos will hold!!!

Just trying to get the lines right through the stadium section, when you're leant right over on the rumble strip (not by design!!!) is a fantastic feeling. Sure the little Monster was outgunned on the straights, but embarrassed a few in the corners

I managed a little "off" in the rain on day one, but damage was minimal and quickly righted, I then spent the rest of the time fettling and tweaking her for the DD fun this year.

We were initially unlucky with the weather, but thanks to some creative thinking and generosity by those No Limits gents, we maximised our time out there by fitting in some extra track time. Their slogan is maximum track time and they did all they could to live up to it.!!!

Another extremely generous and gratefully welcomed offer from Mark meant that I even managed to get out there yesterday when I should have been sightseeing with Mrs Rattler (she is lovely - I will make it up to you I promise!!).

Its hard to believe that just a few hours ago I was hooning around one of the best circuits in the world on my little Monnie trying to avoid getting sucked into a K5's airfilter - excellent.

The No Limits boys (Mark, WJB, Dave, James, Scraggs et al) couldn't do enough to help - they even put up with TP's temper tantrums (not pretty) and some late night abuse

I know where my 2006 trackday business will go this year.

Thanks again fellas
Tim
Old 02-Feb-2006, 01:06
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally posted by Rattler
they even put up with TP's temper tantrums (not pretty)

Oi! I managed to keep it all in check without throwing a wobbly!!

Quote:

Thanks again fellas
Tim

Amen!
Old 02-Feb-2006, 01:11
Ducati Corse
Bikes: 1098

Mood: Chilled
sounds Awesome guys! glad you had a brill time!
Old 02-Feb-2006, 01:26
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
[quote]Originally posted by TP
Quote:
they even put up with TP's temper tantrums (not pretty)

Oi! I managed to keep it all in check without throwing a wobbly!!

[quote]Originally posted by Rattler

OK you're right - you managed to keep them in check - once we'd swapped garages !!!!!
Old 02-Feb-2006, 01:27
MotoGP God

Quote:
OK you're right - you managed to keep them in check - once we'd swapped garages !!!!!

Not a single person was hurt in the making of this story ...
Old 02-Feb-2006, 01:31
Big Twin

Mood: renegade sexy racer
Quote:
Originally posted by TP
Quote:

Not a single person was hurt in the making of this story ...

I know you didn't get much riding in but how was the pin?
Old 02-Feb-2006, 01:32
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally posted by ericthered40
I know you didn't get much riding in but how was the pin?

What pin mate?
Old 02-Feb-2006, 01:37
Big Twin

Mood: renegade sexy racer
Sorry pin, leg, foot, your injury
Old 02-Feb-2006, 01:40
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally posted by ericthered40
Sorry pin, leg, foot, your injury

Ha! You clown

My ankle is getting along ok. Fortunately it didn't need to get pinned when it happened and was allowed to heal naturally.

Just needs some more physio to keep it going in the right direction. Still got 7 weeks before the first race so hopefully it will be fine by then.

Thanks for asking
Old 02-Feb-2006, 20:09
Ducati Corse

Mood: Tad more confident
Quote:
Following on from TP's thread about those great guys at No Limits, I thought I'd add my own.

I've just got back from 7 days in Jerez, 6 of which I spent on the track. And what a track - superb, sooooo fast and long - so rewarding!!!

2.75 miles of wringing the neck out of the little monnie, with the start finish straight offering a welcome respite at the end of a lap, before you hit some fast sweeping bends and hang on for dear life, wondering if monnies were designed to go this fast!!!! That Sito Pons bend is just awesome, taken at hi-speed, its off camber over a rise that finds you searching for the apex (I found at least 3!!) and praying that those Diablos will hold!!!

Just trying to get the lines right through the stadium section, when you're leant right over on the rumble strip (not by design!!!) is a fantastic feeling. Sure the little Monster was outgunned on the straights, but embarrassed a few in the corners

I managed a little "off" in the rain on day one, but damage was minimal and quickly righted, I then spent the rest of the time fettling and tweaking her for the DD fun this year.

We were initially unlucky with the weather, but thanks to some creative thinking and generosity by those No Limits gents, we maximised our time out there by fitting in some extra track time. Their slogan is maximum track time and they did all they could to live up to it.!!!

Another extremely generous and gratefully welcomed offer from Mark meant that I even managed to get out there yesterday when I should have been sightseeing with Mrs Rattler (she is lovely - I will make it up to you I promise!!).

Its hard to believe that just a few hours ago I was hooning around one of the best circuits in the world on my little Monnie trying to avoid getting sucked into a K5's airfilter - excellent.

The No Limits boys (Mark, WJB, Dave, James, Scraggs et al) couldn't do enough to help - they even put up with TP's temper tantrums (not pretty) and some late night abuse

Thanks again fellas
Tim

Blimey where we at the same circuit