Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 27-Apr-2005, 16:02

Mood: tip top
soft luggage

hi all,i have just fitted a tail pack to my 748,fitting took approx 5mins,no marks on the bodywork from the tie downs,used protective blanket,the tail pack used,cargo monster,i filled it with spare helmet etc,opened up to max [46ltrs],a quik blast up to rothbury and back,100mph plus,no probs,no movement,nothing ,looking on this site everybody uses the ventura system,i know it looks better,but for the money i paid,not a bad alternative,has anybody had any probs with this system,thanks stu.
Old 27-Apr-2005, 16:46
500SD
Bikes: multistrada, 748R/916

Mood: one very coool cat!
how did you fit it - i have an oxford tailpack but looking at the instructions it doesn't seem to suit underseat pipes??? did you have one under the bip pad? or just under the whole thing but above the pipes?
Old 27-Apr-2005, 16:59

misterpink,on the cargo pack,there is a velcro strap this fits around the pipes,place the strap on the exhaust brackets under the seat,i did think about putting the strap under the seat pad,but this works just as good,then the tie downs from the bag to the passenger foot pegs and the other tie downs from the bag under the pipes,the cargo pack has the tie downs built into the bottom of the bag,hope this helps
Old 27-Apr-2005, 17:00
500SD

Mood: Missing my Flash...
Ditto - same question as misterpink! My oxford sports tailpack needs to fix under the pillion seat pad... And where did you bungee it?? I don't have pillion pegs on my 748S.

A pic would paint a thousand words here....

Ade.
Old 27-Apr-2005, 17:10

with my bike bp model i find using the foot pegs better, but with the cargo bag i can use the ti downs,placing them under the seat,it does the same job,i will try to get a photo off,but i am a complete numty with computers.
Old 28-Apr-2005, 12:16
500SD
Bikes: multistrada, 748R/916

Mood: one very coool cat!
might have another go at it over the weekend now - so no problems with heat from the pipes?? Ath748 if you have fixing points for footpegs on the rear subframe i have a spare set.
Old 28-Apr-2005, 13:55

no probs with heat,works a treat.