Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 02-May-2005, 09:10
Mille

Mood: Erratic
A Big thankyou!

A big thank you to the bloke who stopped to help me on his 650 Virago yesterday after I had broken down in the middle of nowhere, just coming down a hill about to go round a lovely sweeping bend when she died on me, thought I’d run out of petrol. On closer inspection the bike would turn over but I couldn’t here the injectors, thought that it might have been the alarm fuse, that was ok, checked the connector under the tank and that was ok, then when I was doing the tank bolt up I noticed that a fuse below, had burnt away, not just the fuse but the entire thing all welded together. It looks as though water had got in there corroded the connections and caused a high resistance. Any way this bloke just happened to have a pair of side cutters a new fuse and some electrical tape, so after a bit of tinkering that any Brit bike owner would have been proud of I managed to get her going and got home.
So I now need a new fuse holder, the one that is just below the seat pin on the 916, I’m presuming it’s the fuse for the pump? If anyone has one kicking around I’d be most grateful as I know you won’t be able to by them separately, or any suggestions?