Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 24-Mar-2005, 18:14
Ducati Corse

Haydon out, Lavilla in

Originally posted on Crash.net
Airwaves Ducati yesterday announced that James Haydon will not race at Brands Hatch this weekend, after a fall at Albecete last week. Former Suzuki test rider Gregorio Lavilla will take his place, now that he is not needed by the Rizla Suzuki team.

The team withdrew Haydon this morning after damage to his left hand sustained during testing in Albacete, failed to heal in sufficient time.

"Obviously I'm very disappointed that James will not be competing this weekend, however, extremely pleased to have secured the services of such an experienced World Championship rider," commented team manager Colin Wright.

"James is working hard to recover his fitness in time for the next round at Thruxton. This decision is about him missing the first round in order to compete in the remaining twelve."

Lavilla had expected to ride for the injured John Reynolds at the Rizla Suzuki team. However Reynolds had a test at Mallory Park earlier this week, which proved he was able to compete, this left Lavilla free to step in to the Airwaves Ducati ride.

The first round of the British Superbike season takes place at Brands Hatch on 28th March
Old 24-Mar-2005, 19:43
888 at Last !!!

I expect JR will be keeping well out of the way of Lavilla. After the last year's. Broken collar bone at Thruxton.
Old 25-Mar-2005, 06:30
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
I'm suprised that Lavilla has'nt got a regular ride somewhere,should be a bit more interesting with him out there.

Oh and Gregorio is no stranger to Ducati's.Some years ago he rode in the German Pro Superbike series.Cant remember if the bike was an 888 or 916.He took over from Edwin Wiebel.
Anorack off now!
Old 25-Mar-2005, 10:03
500SD

Mood: Happy as Larry!!!
Quote:
Originally posted by KeefyB
I'm suprised that Lavilla has'nt got a regular ride somewhere,should be a bit more interesting with him out there.

Oh and Gregorio is no stranger to Ducati's.Some years ago he rode in the German Pro Superbike series.Cant remember if the bike was an 888 or 916.He took over from Edwin Wiebel.
Anorack off now!
He also did a year in WSK on a 996!
Can i borrow your anorack?
Old 25-Mar-2005, 10:54
Mille

Mood: Got the S - waiting for the Termi's
He did indeed - I remember a race at Kyalami when he was up front and his 996 started leaking oil - spat him off and Jamie Whitham crashed his GSXR 750 on the oil slick.
Also took foggy out in a WSB race as well - can't remember where though.
Old 25-Mar-2005, 12:49
Big Twin

Mood: Avatar what Avatar
I rember that watching the German pro superbikes series a few years back as well KeefyB. Gregorio Lavilla, Uno Marks some great riders.

They raced on some very strange tracks still was great to watch
Old 27-Mar-2005, 08:11
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Quote:
Originally posted by Road Runner
They raced on some very strange tracks still was great to watch
Yeah,I cant remember the circuit names,but two stick in the memory.The first one was on an airfeid and marked out with cones.It looked like something a Club racer would use as practice and you could see the planes in the background.The other was either a Metzler or Conti test circuit,really twisty on the back part with a huge drag strip of a straight.Frightening speeds coming into the first corner.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit