Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 06-Jun-2005, 16:08
Big Twin

Mood: Sans moto
New MotoGP rules

So what do you think of the 800cc engine rule change?
Will it slow down the bikes, or will the engines just become more complex and tuned more than ever, making them less reliable and harder to ride?
Old 06-Jun-2005, 16:11
Mille

Mood: Built for comfort, not speed
Why does it seem that rule changes are instigated by Honda, could it be due to being bad losers?
Old 06-Jun-2005, 16:14
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
990cc/V5 = 792cc/V4
who gets a headstart with the new proposed rules
Old 06-Jun-2005, 16:16
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Found a CR250. Let the bone braking begin
I don't think Honda get to change that much, they didn't enter the WSB because of the tyre change rule and there still not there now.
any way don't see the need for it everyone has just spent a **** load on getting the engines right for now. so some of the smaller teams are going to be back to square one unless they just down sleeve everything.
I don't like to see things getting slower I like the opposite
Old 06-Jun-2005, 17:30
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
Quote:
Originally posted by keefer
I don't think Honda get to change that much, they didn't enter the WSB because of the tyre change rule and there still not there now.

well apart from the factory backed tenkate team..............Got to be in it to win it!
Old 07-Jun-2005, 00:22
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Still having fun!
My understanding was that TenKate team is not factory and pi55 HRC off as time after time they out perform them. And it was Michelin that pressured HRC and others to withdraw from WSBK by threatening to withdraw support from MotoGP. They were then reminded of legal contractual obligations for 2004....The HRC factory team is in BSB, - with Michelin telling everybody that the HRC/GSE tyres were worth 8 times everybody else’s, - so yet again Michelin control the racing with some stupid notion that we spectators go to see and support a tyre team, - "oh look there goes a Michelin shod bike, come on!!!"

Oh and the new rules stink, - Honda know others are getting close for next year so they change the rules, as they are the only ones who can afford to redevelop an engine. I bet they even have one now!
Old 07-Jun-2005, 07:31
WSB Hero

Mood: No point in working long hours to die early
Youy have to wonder, how many Variants of Moto GP bikes are currently being developed by Honda. They are well capable of building test mules that will never ever see the light of day.
I'd like to see it left the same, but control the outright performance by smalll changes ie; fuel limits or weight.

Doogalman

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit