Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 11-Sep-2005, 13:12
Bevel Head

Ideas for Imola trip?

Morning all,

My wonderful girlfriend is taking me to Imola for WSB at the end of the month as a birthday present. Has anyone got any advice or recommendations while we're there?

We fly to Bologna on the Friday and will drive to Rimini on the Monday for the rest of the week. I thought I'd drag her round the Ducati factory as a treat!

She's booked a package with Paddock passes etc, but any thoughts on where to watch the race, travelling and so on would be much appreciated. Also any good (cheap) dress shops had better be included!

Thanks in advance.

Mark.
Old 11-Sep-2005, 20:01
Big Twin

Welcome aboard the board...

There's a few of us off to Imola later this month (23rd Sept) for the Racing course run by Ducati. We're all staying at the Hotel Zio, and it's not too pricey.

http://www.hotelzioimola.com/

info on Ducati factory tours is here, WSB weekend may be busy though

http://www.ducati.com/company/trovaci/byplane.jhtml

Can't help on the shopping I'm afraid.
Old 11-Sep-2005, 23:34
Montjuic

Mood: Beer please !
They have loads of designer shops in Bologna city,you name it the`ve got one??(take your plastic )
Good place to see the race is on the seated area just before the start /finish,you can see them coming around the Variante Bassa and along to the start line.The enterance to the pits for the bikes is also there !they usually do burnouts on the approach. If you have a pit pass ? they dont seem to be to bothered about you walking in the garages inbetween races, as long as you dont get in the way!!! Its a fantastic track. Have fun!!
Old 11-Sep-2005, 23:39
Montjuic

Mood: Beer please !
Oh?? by the way ,If your traveling on the motor way by car pay the toll when you get on cos they fine you at the exit if you hav`nt..
Old 12-Sep-2005, 09:38
500SD

If you have the paddock pass you can get in the Grand Stand as the bikes come to the start finish chicane, if you get at the back of said grand stand you can spend the rest of the time watching the paddock goings on.

You might even see Fogarty if he bothers to turn up!

The paddock passes are great fun, on the eve of the great 2002 Bayliss/Edwards race we got on start finish on the Saturday night and in every garage.

A walk up past Tamburello (and the disappointing staue of Senna) to Tosa is an excellent place to watch. The variations in heigh around the course will surprise you.

My only dissapointment is that they have never had a big screen when I have been.

The pics are of my mate Rita with Chili and Bayliss

[Edited on 12-9-2005 by m1keyp]
Old 12-Sep-2005, 09:40
500SD

And Bayliss

[Edited on 12-9-2005 by m1keyp]
Old 12-Sep-2005, 10:01
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: I'm so happyyyyyyyyyyyy
We spent 3 days wondering around the place, talking to other spectators, drinking/eating great coffee and panninis and generally soaking up the atmosphere. You can walk down through the park to see some of the Tamburelo area, then down to Toza. It's worth a good while here as they howl through and take off up the hill. From the infield, you can do all the rest of the circuit, especially the top straight and chicane.

It's a doddle, just take good shoes and enjoy what Italy does best, you lucky sods.

Rgds, Rob

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit