Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 29-Jun-2005, 10:45
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally posted by yeti
Ok I admit it, the new muppet is ME!

dumped the thing at the hairpin, chasing a guy on a blade and simply gave it way too much right hand while still cranked well over. Rear spun up, swung the bike right round and it and me shot off the track backwards!

Bust a footpeg and got a few scrapes but otherwise bike and rider were ok. Can't believe the palm of my glove just ripped open though! Not as if they were cheap either.

Still not got my head round Donny, buit went out in last session following Jon and his VERY fast mate Dave and stayed with them until my arms wore out from all the braking.

Ah well, roll on Cadwell, I like it round there!

Well as long as you're ok!

I can recommend Racer gloves, very good quality and I've even taken the time to have a low speed spill in them for you to test them. Good gloves.

Old 29-Jun-2005, 10:47
Big Twin

Mood: r
Quote:
Originally posted by Lily
I can't believe I didn't see any of you!!

Was there for an hour or two just after lunch but was baking in my leathers and getting all soppy over my bike.

Said a quick hello to Fabio with him and his mates looking tired but very happy!
i was the one in the sling!
Old 29-Jun-2005, 11:59
BSB Star

Mood: All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing
Cpl o pix - don't worry, I'm not gonna bore you all silly with a thousand pix of me getting my knee (or for that matter my arris) down at the hairpin.

Incidentally, anybody any idea who the track photogrpaher was? I had to shoot off after the last session and didn't get time to see if he had any pics of me on me a**e!

[Edited on 29-6-2005 by yeti]
Old 29-Jun-2005, 12:02
BSB Star

About to get overtaken - AGAIN!

Seemed to be all that happened all day. Just could not get my head round the place and string a good lap together. Got some bits right, but never did crack Craner and it was hot or miss whether I got Coppice right.

Think I'm gonna need to go back and do it all again - in the NOVICE group!
Old 29-Jun-2005, 12:05
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
I love Donny, so flowing etc, although there are a few corners which can catch you out, I think Craners is the key to a good lap get that wrong and your rythm just goes to pot!
Old 29-Jun-2005, 12:10
BSB Star

Quote:
Originally posted by JPM
I love Donny, so flowing etc, although there are a few corners which can catch you out, I think Craners is the key to a good lap get that wrong and your rythm just goes to pot!

Could not agree more JP, found myself following folks that overtook me down Craner and staying with them reesonably easily for the rest of the lap then they would lose my down Craner and that would be that.

Only overtook one bike all day and then got a false neutral and that was the end of that one!

Ah well, not the race god I imagined myself to be
Old 29-Jun-2005, 19:55
Ducati Corse

Mood: Tad more confident
Quote:
Originally posted by yeti
Ok I admit it, the new muppet is ME!

dumped the thing at the hairpin, chasing a guy on a blade and simply gave it way too much right hand while still cranked well over. Rear spun up, swung the bike right round and it and me shot off the track backwards!

Bust a footpeg and got a few scrapes but otherwise bike and rider were ok. Can't believe the palm of my glove just ripped open though! Not as if they were cheap either.

Still not got my head round Donny, buit went out in last session following Jon and his VERY fast mate Dave and stayed with them until my arms wore out from all the braking.

Ah well, roll on Cadwell, I like it round there!

If you thought that was heavy braking John !!! you should have followed me through the kitty litter at the esses.

Naffin gixer (spit) 1000R's
Old 29-Jun-2005, 21:39
BSB Star

Quote:
If you thought that was heavy braking John !!! you should have followed me through the kitty litter at the esses

Naw, been there, done that, don't you remember Rockingham?
Old 29-Jun-2005, 22:47
Mille

Mood: Up For It!
Am I correct in my understanding that the Doncaster Bullet (or is that barrel?) Simon Reed was the man on the move at Donny? because I also heard a rumour that he was responsible for some fancy riding at Pembrey at the weekend. Not sure what (or whose) bike he was riding at the time though!

Care to enlighten us Reedy?
Old 29-Jun-2005, 23:13
500SD

Mood: Cool as **** !
Just used the tools of the trade,thats all,certainley with the pembrey jaunt anyrd !,was a bit slippy tho,& that gravel trap was deep,still managed to ride through it,it did take a while tho,all nite in fact !,still,it put me in good spirits for Donny,where we held our heads high,with tough competition,on what is as yet an underdevloped standard bike !

Still yeti's given me sum tips!,he reckons my tyres are wrong,& so are yours john,you need knobblys !,those slix are for tarmac !