Ducati Sporting Club UK
Ducati Insurance - Questions and Answers!
This section allows you to ask questions about insurance directly to Ducati Insurance and receive a reply!

Old 28-Feb-2006, 11:57

Accident & MIB

Towards the end of August last year I came off my bike as a result of a car driver reversing back at me and the driving off. I had a witness to the whole incident and also the car registration number and photograph of the car.

I have had several medical examinations to corroborate my evidence etc. Today however, the solicitors appointed by my insurance company (Bennets) have sent me a letter in which they now tell me that because the police cannot trace the owner of the vehicle responsible that I will only be able to recover personal injury compensation and loss of earnigs. Because, I had my bike repaired under my own insurance I now presume that I will not be able to recover my no-claims-discount (which I had been advised by the solicitor that I would eventually).

To cap it all the solicitor is now telling me that the legal fees insurance I had with my fully comprehensive insurance does not cover the "claims of this nature" and have suggested that I allow then to retain 25% of the eventual damages awarded to me. Has anyone been in a similar situation to this, and what percentage of damages do you think is acceptable?
Old 28-Feb-2006, 12:02
500SD

you have u2u