Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 24-Sep-2003, 19:24

monster engine probs

I bought a second hand monster from a freind of the family who has had it for six years and kept it always in good conditions.He also has a 748 r and trests it with upmost love.Its classed as a m600 but it has a 900 engine built in by a ducati mech.. I bought it not even two months ago in italy and rode it back.Before riding it back i had it for 2 weeks and it was running fine.The day that i got here itstarted playing up on me.Eventually i took it to a ducati mech here in London and he said that the alternator had to be changed and also the rektifier and other parts here and there.Not really knowing anything about bikes i let him do what i thought was best and paid 410£ to repair it.When i got it back it was running better than ever,untill, 2 weeks later the sameproblem as i had before,started again.It was backfiring loads, it was running on one cilinder and the battery was not recharging.Now the bike is dead.I called the mech. and told him the prob and he said to me after i asked him if we could come to some kind of a deal to repair it,that he could not guarantee any of his work would last.I am now trying totake him to court(the son of a bitch!).Anyone tell me plz if 1st you may have an idea of what the problem is and second if there is a trustworthy mechanic here in london to fix my bike?I thank anyone who can give me some help.
Old 24-Sep-2003, 22:15
500SD
Bikes: 900 Monster, 750 SS Cafe Racer

Im sorry you don't live up North, because i could give you the name of a top spanner twister ..... place your message on the main notice board and hopefully a kindly S*utherner will pass you on to someone who can help!! Who was the mechanic?? All the best !!!! ...... Yorkie.
Old 24-Sep-2003, 22:23
Dibble

You need Neil Spalding, just outside of London, go to his website for the number ...

go to www.sigmaperformance.com

or try TecMoto in Romford, I dont have their web address but its on the board if you do a search ....
Old 02-Oct-2003, 18:20
500SD

Mood: Anything but 'Yellow-Bellied'..!
There are so many differences between the 600 and 900 Monster models that to go into it here would be folly.

Most likely the generator is over-powering the rectifier and blowing it clean apart!

You will need to go through the whole conversion with a fine-tooth comb to find the soloution to your problems.

Cheers.

Lee.

http://www.monstershop-ducati.co.uk