Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 05-Jan-2006, 21:25
500SD

Mood: Firing on all 4 !!
well said bigkev - they are ****e arn't they ? dreadfull tyres on the 916 and felt like they needed an extra 10psi to track straight
Old 05-Jan-2006, 21:42
Big Twin

Mood: happy bike passed MOT
I'll get my coat
Old 05-Jan-2006, 22:46
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: Diavel, very non-std black & white ;)

Mood: Lucky? For some, maybe!
I\'m with you Nige!

014's were absolutely fantastic on my 998, almost as good as the 010 and better than the 012 ON THE ROAD! Wouldn't touch the Michelin's with a barge pole, they take far too long to get anywhere near working temoperature on anything but a warm summers day and would lose any heat as soon as there was a smidgeon of damp in the air.
If you're after a track tyre then take a look at Rennsports or Pirelli Diablo Super Corsa/Pro's, been using standard Diablo's as the regulation tyre on our DesmoDue racers and they are brilliant in any weather and very hard wearing, I'll be getting some of them on my Strada when I need to replace the Scorpions!
The theory is to be realistic about what sort of riding you'll be doing. Slow? Fast? Track? Road? Combined? Everyones style will determine a suitability for one sort of tyre over another, I've heard people fit the latest race bred hypersports tyre then moan that it gives no grip on their 5 mile winter commute! BIKE magazine did a test last year and proved that a Bridgestone BT020 was THE best all round tyre, even for track days! Having raced on them this season I'd say the same for Diablo's now!
Think about it carefully and choose wisely young grasshopper
Old 05-Jan-2006, 23:55
Big Twin

Mood: Feeling peckish
Another vote for the Diablos, I used them on my 900SSie and was very happy with them, good grip and last well. I had 010s on it before and was very happy with them as well. Not used the 012 or 014s, have heard good things about Pilot Powers on a monster thou but that was on track rather than road, suspect they'll wear fairly quickly.
Old 06-Jan-2006, 21:17

ive just fitted the corsa pro sc1 front and sc2 rear to my 996 in prep for the dryer times ie spring iam only rideing mallory and donnington this year (tis a time and traveling thing) nothing in france this year driveing a 1000 miles back from nagoro france black and blue from binning my bike is not a good thing
Old 13-Feb-2006, 01:23
Montjuic

010's are the best Bridgestones to date, but they'd have to be seriously cheap before I'd have them again. 012's gave more outright grip (until about half worn) but let go suddenly. 014's seem to combine the bad points of both tyres, we call them the highside special as a good percentage of mishaps both track and road seem to involve them lately.
Never tried pilot powers, for your wife I'd say the old Pilot Sports would be spot on. Excellent in all weathers with lots of feel and better wear rate than any Bridgestone I've used. They're cheap too because they're out of fashion.
Old 21-Apr-2006, 15:28
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games
I have 014s on the ZX6R, and I really like them, though that doesnt mean I would swap the 749 onto them, as the Diablos are great on it. A couple of weekends back I tried 36psi on the rear (it should be at 42psi on the rear). for some quick road fun, and really liked it. Same old chestnut of horses for courses, be that bikes, usage, rider preference etc
Old 21-Apr-2006, 20:19
Mille

Mood: Great
Pilot Sport, find them a good all round tyre