Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 17-Oct-2006, 21:25
Mille

Mood: what a day, a year, a life it's been
Still thinking of stripping the bike (old Cagiva-built 600SS) and having it re-painted. Depends on end-of-year bonus £?. I'm still torn between having it repainted in original colours (but this time using paint instead of water-based ink Cagiva used) or a classic red/green/white scheme or the latest black wheels/red frame.

Whatever, I have to do something as bare metal is showing through in places and there are a few scrathes on the fairing that need sorting.
Old 17-Oct-2006, 23:46
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: Back down to 3 :>(
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob B
As the title asks, any plans?
Rgds,

Rob

..Breaking into your garage to steal the 888's carbon tank...lol !!!
Old 17-Oct-2006, 23:58
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games
hopefully Girls Aloud
Old 18-Oct-2006, 00:04
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
I'm going to strip my old ST2 down, get the frame sprayed red, respray the fairings, fit some Marchesini 5 spokes, fit an Ohlins rear shock and rebuild the engine, refinish the engine paint, get a 984 kit, some hi-comp pistons and get some MBP heads fitted to it.

For the T8, I plan to get a set of three spoke Dymags fitted with full floaters, replace all the brake disc fittings, calliper fittings, caliper bolts etc with titanium ones and stainless for the non-stressed bolts, get K-tech to set up the suspension, get an ST4 engine and rework it to 955cc, gas flow the heads, fit a spaghetti exhaust (aiming for a reliable 115-120 bhp), single seat subframe and seat unit, a set of cool rearsets, set of matching Brembo CNC pumps for the brake and clutch.

I know it'll take a long time, so I'm actually going to hibernate all winter so I've got long enough to dream about it.

When I wake up, it will be just that...all a dream. Unless I win the lottery

The Patent Jools Mood Meter -Today I am:

___________^
Old 18-Oct-2006, 10:00
Mille

Mood: sensational!!
as it's coming into summer here,(pretty much all year round,..ahem...) i'll be riding......lots. teehee
Old 18-Oct-2006, 10:03
500SD

Mood: Must fix Superlight... Must fix Superlight...
Fix the bloody SuperLight at last....

And if by some miricle I manage to do that, I'm going to fit the ST4 headers to the 888 and then finally make up a set of carbon sidepanels and seat unit for it too. That way I can put the irreplaceble originals in the loft along with the spare tank... Carbon, kevlar and epoxy are ready to go, it's just time I'm lacking (and patience, ability etc...)

Darren
Old 18-Oct-2006, 14:39
GTL

Mood: anamorphic with overtones of sanguineness!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiscusFish
Fix the bloody SuperLight at last....

And if by some miricle I manage to do that, I'm going to fit the ST4 headers to the 888 and then finally make up a set of carbon sidepanels and seat unit for it too. That way I can put the irreplaceble originals in the loft along with the spare tank... Carbon, kevlar and epoxy are ready to go, it's just time I'm lacking (and patience, ability etc...)

Darren
Have you got a "Food Saver" to do the vacuum bit with the C/F? Mine is in the mail.

Griff
Old 18-Oct-2006, 16:15
GTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by philthy
Fit the nice shiny white wheels I got off 851neil ages ago, along with some bits off nattyboy and change back to a single seat.

Speaking of which, the seat needs painting, as it's a different red to the rest of the bike and I was thinking of having white number boards put on to brighten it up , so I'd like some input.

As it's just a basic 851 would it be considered ' tacky ' to do this as it's not an SP? I'm not bothered about originality as I can't see me ever selling her now, after nearly ten years of ownership.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Hi not 'tacky' at all! I did it on my strada and i've got the best taste i know...
Steve Robins s.w.
Old 18-Oct-2006, 16:44
500SD

Mood: need a bike...
hopefully build up some spares - heads and the like, with aim of having a spare motor for next season
other than that - polish it, a lot....hello Mr.Sheene
Old 18-Oct-2006, 20:56
DSC Club Member
Ducati Corse

Mood: I feel the need, the need for speed.
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by 749er
hopefully Girls Aloud

True story....I was working in the Lufthansa lounge in T2 at Heathrow, when Cheryl Tweedy walks in ( off to Germany to watch Ash. in the world cup )
I was working in front of a mirror A could see here checking out my bum

748R - Less is more !