Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 09-Nov-2004, 16:50

Exhausts

Hi,
New boy here and proud owner of a gleaming red 999 after switching from an R1.

First impressions so far are good but I need to get more sound from the pipes.

I was at the NEC show yesterday and spotted a 749 with an interesting WSB replica setup. Couldn't find anyone to tell me more as there were too many people surrounding the bike but I did get the web address of the company, DucatiNine.

Question is does anyone know about these exhausts and what they're like?

Any help appreciated.

Steve
Old 09-Nov-2004, 17:09
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
avnt heard of them myself, maybe someone here has but imho you cant go too far wrong with a termi system for a ducati.
Old 09-Nov-2004, 17:14
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
Me neither, Termi's are the obvious (expensive choice), but there are plenty of systems available for a 999, Arrow, Leo Vinci to name but 2 others
Old 09-Nov-2004, 17:32
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Hmm,I've seen a very similar prototype can like that in Italia Moto.I was told that you still need a catless front pipe and ECU to make it work properly.Could work out more expensive than a Termignoni system.The brackets that hold the rear light look a bit flimsy.
Dont forget that the Termi price includes the ECU,front pipe and new air filters.
Old 09-Nov-2004, 17:37
500SD

Mood: head down
ive got two termi systems for sale if your interested one catless system ie rear box and front cylinder pipe, never used and the other a full 57mm ti system used for 8 months with a brand new rear box
Old 09-Nov-2004, 20:30
GTL

Mood: me in a mood? NEVER!
you could try emailing this man and say ive told you to cos he makes them. gundem1@chevrontexaco.com
Old 10-Nov-2004, 07:05

I've just fitted one of these cans to my 749 and it looks just great. Superb finish and service. It's a bit loud though so I may have to bring the noice level down a bit if I want to use it for track days.
Old 10-Nov-2004, 11:41
Big Twin

These exhausts were first offered for sale on ebay,they looked very good and were at a really good price.
They went so well that this company Ducatinine are now the sole distributors, I think it is the guy who owns RSVR.NET.
The only thing that put me slightly off was the fact that the rear light hangs down quite a bit but I bought an LED rear light unit that was much more compact but by the time the light arrived i had bought a termi as i am impatient so if anyone is looking at one of these exhausts i have a lovely LED light unit and flashers for sale on ebay at the moment at a fraction of what it cost me.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...e=STRK:MESE:IT
Old 10-Nov-2004, 11:51
Big Twin

Mood: Proud to own a Ducati :0)
That site is run by Paul Bridgland, who also runs www.RSVR.net. While I had my RSV I was a very active member of his website chatroom as was 'PAB' himself. He's very knowledgeable and the products he sells are usually top notch.

If you like the system, I'd give him a call. He'll be more than happy to talk to you about it.
Old 10-Nov-2004, 12:46
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
Quote:
Originally posted by nathanhu
ive got two termi systems for sale if your interested one catless system ie rear box and front cylinder pipe, never used and the other a full 57mm ti system used for 8 months with a brand new rear box

Mmmm... with the 57mm system fit an 04 999R?