Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 25-Feb-2005, 15:01
Big Twin

I was looking at their swingarm and fork savers. Swingarm ones fit either end of a bar through the spindle and similar with the front ones, plus some bar ends. I know that the clutch is vulnerable, but Ive also seen a "deep" set pressure plate so that the exposed springs are not vulnerable on a RH low-side.

http://www.rg-racing.com/fork-protec...e-sliders.html

although the link to the fork protectors seems to take me to an Arillia Tuono page
http://www.rg-racing.com/fork-protec...rotectors.html

The "back" links at the foot of that page do seem to suggest that it is for Ducati too though.

Any comments on usefulness?

Henry
Old 25-Feb-2005, 15:08
Dibble

Quote:
Originally posted by Wylie1
R&G's website shows them on a 'Legs 11' sponsored race bike (see link below). Does anybody know anything about this team?

Wylie,

The Legs11 bikes were last years Ducati London South race bikes, for more info contact Marcello on 020 8689 6998, if he's not about then speak to Andrew on the parts desk, just tell either of them that I sent you over and you are Ducati Sporting Club .. and seeing as bothbikes crashed at some point i believe he probably has some "real world" feedback.

Pietro
Old 25-Feb-2005, 15:11
Dibble

3rd bike down ....

http://www.ducatilondonsouth.com/app...sed/superbike/
Old 25-Feb-2005, 15:32
500SD

Mood: Out with the grey....in with the satin black
Quote:
Originally posted by DIBBLE
Quote:
Originally posted by Wylie1
R&G's website shows them on a 'Legs 11' sponsored race bike (see link below). Does anybody know anything about this team?

Wylie,

The Legs11 bikes were last years Ducati London South race bikes, for more info contact Marcello on 020 8689 6998, if he's not about then speak to Andrew on the parts desk, just tell either of them that I sent you over and you are Ducati Sporting Club .. and seeing as bothbikes crashed at some point i believe he probably has some "real world" feedback.

Pietro

Nice one Dibble. I know Marcello. I bought my 749 from DLS way back in Nov' 02. Mind you, I haven't been back there since I had the 1st service done.

Where are you in SE London/ Kent?
Old 25-Feb-2005, 15:33
500SD

Cheap track bike

Quote:
Originally posted by DIBBLE
3rd bike down ....

http://www.ducatilondonsouth.com/app...sed/superbike/

Looks like bargain of the Century!! I think I'll give Marcello a call.
Old 25-Feb-2005, 15:37
Dibble

right between the A2 & A20 mate .. so Brands Hatch 20 minutes one way ..... and the City \ West End 20 minutes the other by bike ....

Where are you ??
Old 25-Feb-2005, 18:32
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
Quote:
Originally posted by dickieducati
no havnt seen it myself but was going to put them on my monster for desmodue racing but was warned very strongly against it by probably the most knowlegable ducati guy in england (my mate) so i trusted his advice and didnt bother. certainly wouldnt put them on my 999 just get some track bodywork. quite a few places you can get it now. i got some stuff from oz but havnt got round to putting it on yet.
Old 01-Mar-2005, 21:38
Bevel Head

Mood: Feel like a Duke...
Protectors -

When I got my bike, I spoke with one of the engineers at the Ducati factory prototype department and he told me not to install any crash protectors, not even the ones which fit in the engine mount. He told me their race bikes were repoting frame / engine structural failures when falling with the protectors.

Same story from William at DLS on their bikes...
Old 01-Mar-2005, 21:43
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Is 112 dB loud enough?? What??
Do you reckon we can finally put this issue to rest, fellas? This has been discussed well past the cows coming home.
Old 02-Mar-2005, 13:48
500SD

Quote:
Originally posted by Felix
Do you reckon we can finally put this issue to rest, fellas? This has been discussed well past the cows coming home.

Apologies if we've gone over some old ground, but as a newbie to these message boards, I now know that it's an overwhelming ' don't do it '. I've now purchased some spare/ trackday bodywork.

Thanks for all the useful advice folks.