Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 08-May-2005, 22:08
Ducati Meccanica

I'd like to see a 583 class but i'm biased I'm happy not to have warmers but wets would be nice even though it increases cost. I think the tyres behaved very well on the whole.
Old 08-May-2005, 22:08
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally posted by domskidue
I think the main issue would be getting enough people in both classes, otherwise could end up with 15 x 600's and 10 x 748's.

Fair point. I think we'd end up with more though, but I can't substantiate that, just a gut feeling.
Old 08-May-2005, 22:20
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: Diavel, very non-std black & white ;)

Mood: Lucky? For some, maybe!
Errr!?!

"Don't run before you can walk"

"If it ain't broke don't fix it"

Etc. Etc.

Some of us haven't even got to grips with THIS year yet and already there's talk of changes for next year? Trying to do this on a budget is looking nigh on impossible!

When this DD series proves the success at the end of the year that it appears to be already then there MAY be a case for expanding the DSC range of races but after the tremendous effort put in by the organisers to get this series off the ground we should all be working towards maintaining it's attraction and ensuring it not only continues next year but is just as successful
We've got the field as level as reasonably possible at the moment, wet tyres (more cost) means spare wheels (more cost) and tyre warmers (more cost) at Cadwell would probably have been a waste of money anyway.
Somebody give Dom a chess-computer to keep him occupied please :P
Old 08-May-2005, 22:21
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
Quote:
Originally posted by phoenix n max
I'd like to see a 583 class but i'm biased

I agree Lin not just cos we have a 583, but there are likely to be more of the 97 - 2001/2 M600's that will be coming on sale. Also, add in the 600ss' that also could be about, and you could have almost an equal playing field.
There were limited BB kits for the older bikes this year and none for the later carbed ones, so factoring this in, to split the class could be the way to go.

Quote:
Originally posted by phoenix n max
I'm happy not to have warmers but wets would be nice even though it increases cost. I think the tyres behaved very well on the whole.

again, the option to take this up would be usable - riders choice dependants on their budget. But keep it as an option.
As Ian (old man) said in another thread - he was glad to have the exisiting tyres, as he wasnt worrying to much at being held in the paddock due to a hold up at the end of the previous race.

C
Old 08-May-2005, 22:25
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Damp
900ss/sl/monsters, absolutely no engine work, free shock and free fork internals, standard brakes, diablos, free exhaust, free air filters/jets.

Loads of em about for less than a 600, cheaper parts than a 600, more high-sides than a 600!

My 2p; any 4V series is going to cost a bloody fortune, as much as I'd love to race a 748

Ali
Old 08-May-2005, 22:28
MotoGP God

First up - Paul, we're just putting forward some idea's is all. I think the current Desmo Due series is, and will continue to be, a roaring success.

Which is why I think it should be maintained into 2006 - even at the expense of any other DSC series starting. I personally would love to see a 748 series get off the ground as well and I'd love to take part in that - Desmo Due and Desmo Quattro. Although Ange (my wife for those not aware) would prefer me to stay in Desmo Due as I've already spent the money on the bike etc ... It would stop me talking about minitwins though and I think she would appreciate that

I can but dream ...
Old 08-May-2005, 22:31
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by TP
we're just putting forward some idea's is all.

...and I'm bored again

You lot will be wrapping me in cotton wool at Castle Combe to ensure I don't break any bones again
Old 08-May-2005, 22:33
MotoGP God

Quote:
...and I'm bored again

You lot will be wrapping me in cotton wool at Castle Combe to ensure I don't break any bones again

Nah, you're finding some pace - I'll be breaking your arms but making sure I do your fingers as well though
Old 08-May-2005, 22:36
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

I nearly fell off my chair then
Old 08-May-2005, 22:37
MotoGP God

Quote:

I nearly fell off my chair then

Did you break anything?